• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scott Walker for Governor

M

McX

imported post

guy needs a nickname, could we call him CC/schoolzone Walker?

range rat

imported post

I'm staying with neumann:celebrate:celebratethey's something not right with walker..

hey Beretta, I read you Letter to Gov.Brewer in the AZ. form, OUT STANDING:dude::dude:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

range rat wrote:
I'm staying with neumann:celebrate:celebratethey's something not right with walker..

hey Beretta, I read you Letter to Gov.Brewer in the AZ. form, OUT STANDING:dude::dude:
He does not stand a chance & will not be on the ballot in Nov.

Support The 2nd

imported post

You folks with this election coming this fall AND the anti big government bureaucracy sentiment out there, when you talk to your candidates, ask them these TWO (2) simple questions:

Do you support the people's right to carry?

Do you favor a NEW government bureaucracy to regulate and tax that right?

That's it, the only two questions that matter from a carry standpoint.

If they favor carry, and not the bureaucracy, then they MUST support a direct repeal of 941.23. If they want mandatory training, permits, and the like, then they favor a NEW government bureaucracy to regulate and tax that right.

Ask away, and let us know if you get any answers. I haven't had a lot of luck getting any replies.

range rat

imported post

Tue, May 25, 2010 5:05:17 AM

right to carry

gary malachowski <garymalachowski@att.net>View Contact

To:
info@scottwalker.org

var YAHOO = {'Shortcuts' : {}};
if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") {
var YAHOO = {};
}
YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {};
YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = true;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = ["sensitive_news_terms", "illegal"];
YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "right to carry";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "garymalachowski@att.net";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_url = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "english";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {

};
YAHOO.Shortcuts.headerID = "71b6b8666663695106cf742848e3ff03";

[*]
Hello MR.Walker. Do you support the Peoples right to Carry [open or conceal ] Weapon. As well as mandatory Training, an Permits. And do you favor a New Government Bureaucracy to regulate and Tax that right ?

Ok, It's on It's way. I'll Post what ever I get [if anything]..

bigdaddy1

imported post

I do know that Walker supports CC, does not like OC. If its the law he cant say much about it. The Governor doesnt write the law, but he does sign it into law.We need to watch our congresspeople and make sure they dont use CC to eliminate OC.

countrymama

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I do know that Walker supports CC, does not like OC. If its the law he cant say much about it. The Governor doesnt write the law, but he does sign it into law.We need to watch our congresspeople and make sure they dont use CC to eliminate OC.
Can you show evidence of this? Not being a doubting thomasina, butI and manyI know have asked him to his face and he skirts the issue. He won't give any answer in person to his stance on the 2nd Amendment in any form and then his college boys who think they are secret service usher him away while pushing you aside.

bigdaddy1

imported post

countrymama wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:
Can you show evidence of this? Not being a doubting thomasina, butI and manyI know have asked him to his face and he skirts the issue. He won't give any answer in person to his stance on the 2nd Amendment in any form and then his college boys who think they are secret service usher him away while pushing you aside.
This is from a phone call I made to his office when he first announced his candidacy. I was unable to speak to him directly but his manager did tell me that he will sign a CC law if it passes his desk. Did not mention any potential regulations he may support with that CC law. When I asked about open carry, he said he is not a "fan" of it. He also said that as it is legal he accepts it. Again this is from his campaign manager when I asked specifically what his position was on those two issues. I have not meet him yet, but if I did I would ask again. Perhaps in a public setting where he would not be able to skirt the issue with out public condemnation.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Again this is from his campaign manager when I asked specifically what his position was on those two issues. I have not meet him yet, but if I did I would ask again. Perhaps in a public setting where he would not be able to skirt the issue with out public condemnation.

I spoke to Keith Gilkes at length (Scott Walker Campaign manager) and specifically asked him if Scott would bargain OC for CC and he said "no, that would be sacrificing a right for a privilege"

I don't recall the specific date but it was either in Feb or March of this year.

But it important to again, make the point that if you are hinging the Carry issue on Neumann or Walker, you are barking up the wrong tree. The devil will be in the details and the governor DOES NOT WRITE LEGISLATION.

I recognize it will take more effort than simply coming on the internet and picking Neumann or Walker but I implore people to take the time and effort to be an educated and EFFECTIVE voter and seek out the candidates for state assembly and state senate in your LOCAL races as THESE are the people who will be writing the specifics of the actual legislation that gets to our next governors desk.

If people REALLY want to affect legislation I encourage them to use the resources and links in this thread to gather information on the races that WILL shape the actual legislation:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/44847.html

Walker or Neumann will sign whatever CC bill comes to their desk. What that bill contains is going to be determined at those local races. If you REALLY care about the most freedom minded CC legislation you'll go seek out information and get involved in those local races.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
Again this is from his campaign manager when I asked specifically what his position was on those two issues. I have not meet him yet, but if I did I would ask again. Perhaps in a public setting where he would not be able to skirt the issue with out public condemnation.

I spoke to Keith Gilkes at length (Scott Walker Campaign manager) and specifically asked him if Scott would bargain OC for CC and he said "no, that would be sacrificing a right for a privilege"

I don't recall the specific date but it was either in Feb or March of this year.

But it important to again, make the point that if you are hinging the Carry issue on Neumann or Walker, you are barking up the wrong tree. The devil will be in the details and the governor DOES NOT WRITE LEGISLATION.

I recognize it will take more effort than simply coming on the internet and picking Neumann or Walker but I implore people to take the time and effort to be an educated and EFFECTIVE voter and seek out the candidates for state assembly and state senate in your LOCAL races as THESE are the people who will be writing the specifics of the actual legislation that gets to our next governors desk.

If people REALLY want to affect legislation I encourage them to use the resources and links in this thread to gather information on the races that WILL shape the actual legislation:

Walker or Neumann will sign whatever CC bill comes to their desk. What that bill contains is going to be determined at those local races. If you REALLY care about the most freedom minded CC legislation you'll go seek out information and get involved in those local races.
True, but as we learned from Doyle and his line item veto power he could practically re-write a law to fit his agenda. As dishonest as it seems to us, in the political world it is apparently fully acceptable to change a law after it has been passed if you dont like it.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

True, but as we learned from Doyle and his line item veto power he could practically re-write a law to fit his agenda. As dishonest as it seems to us, in the political world it is apparently fully acceptable to change a law after it has been passed if you dont like it.

I'm not claiming the governors race is not important. If Barrett gets in, we will again be faced with gathering enough support for a veto-override AGAIN just like PPA. What I am saying is by the time CCW gets to the governors desk, however it arrives there, that's as good as it will get.

Neumann and Walker are pro-gun. How "pro-rights" they are will depend on how much political cover they have for a pro-rights stance.

I will bet my house that neither Walker or Neumann would EVER use line-item veto to remove training requirements or remove a permit. I also bet my house that Barrett would veto any bill all-together.

I DO believe that if the legislature gets a bill to Walker or Neumann they will sign it as it comes to their desk. WHY? Because whatever the legislature gets to them they have POLITICAL COVER to sign. Signing a bill the legislature gets to your desk is the safest path for Walker and Neumann. NEITHER Walker or Neumann will go out on a limb and line-item-veto permits and mandatory training to make a pro CCW bill a pro RIGHTS bill. Anyone who thinks they will, is smoking something.

They will sign the legislation that comes to their desk. The LEGISLATURE is where people who want to make a difference should be allocating their research time and efforts.

A few weeks ago on this forum there were SO many people who claimed to be willing to do what it takes for "constitution carry". People claimed to be willing to go door to door for "constitution carry"

yes, I know this is the internet and you can "say anything" but I believe these people will "do something" and I offer what I did in this thread:

the online resources that people need to do their homework and truly affect what the composition of our next state legislative session is.