• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carried in Pahrump DMV and open carried in Discount firearms no problem.

28kfps

imported post

Friday went to the DMV to my surprise it was not busy. Had to wait a few minutes for 2 in front of me. They call you to the information desk, asked what you are there for check documents and give you a number to be called. The employee had big smile noticed my firearm while maintain the same smile helped me without giving me a number and sending me to another chair to wait. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. I would like to think it was because I am a charming open carry person. Because most descriptive words directed my way are a long ways from having anything to do with charming, the one- on- one service must have been because it was not busy. Open carry in the DMV was no problem.

Went to Discount Firearms on Highland South of Sahara to use their range for my first time. They gave me a simple form to fill out asked to see my ammo I was going to use; I garbed a target and went in. After my experience at the gun store I did remind him I did have a loaded firearm on my hip he said no problem just leave it in the holster until I step up to the line. Nice range walked out after paying just under $11.

At the Gun store, I felt like a second-class citizen when the person behind the counter saw my firearm said I needed to empty it. They would not allow me to load it in the store.

Spent the weekend on my motorcycle, kind of get a two for one, open carry while in the stores open carry on the road. Get some pretty long looks at the traffic lights.

Dangerfish

imported post

The Gun Store told you to unload? When? I have never been asked to unload at any gun store, including The Gun Store and American Shooters. Shit, I was standing in front of the sign at American Shooters that says no loaded firearms, strong side out, without any problems.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
Living in Clark County, I should be able to go to the Parhrump DMV. The reason I ask, is I need to take my kids(16&17) to get ID's soon.
You can go to any DMV office which has the services that you need, anywhere in the state.

I have friends in Reno who get their DMV stuff done in rural offices, planning visits when they are going somewhere anyhow.

28kfps

imported post

Dangerfish wrote:
The Gun Store told you to unload? When? I have never been asked to unload at any gun store, including The Gun Store and American Shooters. @#$%, I was standing in front of the sign at American Shooters that says no loaded firearms, strong side out, without any problems.

I need to clarify. I do not want to be misleading.

This was in the range area entrance not the store. They took my ammo and put it in cup doing their best to make sure I was going into the range only with their range ammo. I understand the ammo rule as far as shooting only their range friendly ammo. Moreover, I did not mind empting it however, I did not like how he went about it. I was carrying concealed they wanted to see the firearm I planned to shoot. As I safely removed my firearm, he for the most part took it out of my hands, unloaded it, and had me empty my magazine. When he garbed it, I, making the assumption he being a trained gun professionalImost certainly was not going to play gun tug-of-war with a loaded firearm.

I would like to think the restrictive ammo requirement is because of range design and not to add to their profit. However, I have my doubts thinking the cost of a range retrofit for customer convenience is trumped by the additional profits forcing the purchase of their ammo.

I understand making sure unwanted ammo does not end up in their range. Just did not like how they went about it. When they gave me my defense ammo back, he made it very clear, I could not load my firearm, and I had to leave unarmed. Had I been on my motorcycle I would have had to make a decision while in the parking lot to safely reload in the open or head home unarmed.

To sum it up. Their policy required me to handle my loaded firearm unnecessarily outside the safety of the range before going into the range and again after, I left. I guess if the gun store were the only place for me to shoot, I would carry my secondary firearm canceled and bring in my primary in empty in a gun box. However,I am thinkinghaving the concealedfirearm in the range mayalso not be allowed.

For me I have no need to go to the gun store again. Discount firearm you walked in with your firearm secured in a holster open or concealed. No need to put your hand on it until you get up to the shooting line in the range. At that point, within the safety of a range and at the shootling line you can easily empty your defense ammo and load up with your practice ammo doing the reverse when done and securing you firearm in the holster before you ever back away from the shooting line.

28kfps

imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
Living in Clark County, I should be able to go to the Parhrump DMV. The reason I ask, is I need to take my kids(16&17) to get ID's soon.

Yes. I have had Las Vegas friends do the same.

Yard Sale

imported post

The Reno DMV has a no firearms sign on the door and an armed guard inside. Obviously, CC is prohibited but OC isn't, but they probably think OC is.

Note that if you are carrying a recording device, NRS 331.220 prohibits you from using it at the DMV. However, I think by announcing, "This conversation is being recorded," it's no longer surreptitious.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Nrs/NRS-331.html#NRS331Sec220

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I've OC'ed into the Reno DMV. I showed the staff the wording of 202.3673 after being confronted and had no further problems.

28kfps

imported post

One of the many rewards of this site, there is so many experts willing to point out others faults.
Nevada carrier wrote:
When he garbed it, I, making the assumption he being a trained gun professional

See, now there was your second mistake. Your first one was going into "The Gun Store."