• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry meet and greet in St. Joe

gunman

imported post

ok the 17th it is i will provide the hamburgers and hot dogs,everyone else can bring a covered dish or chips and something to drink, just get together and decide who is bringing what.I will need to know who is coming for sure so i will know how much to get,please let me know by the 15th.THANKS ALL. you can reach me here if you like.(816)294-1280.but you will have to text me because if i dont know the number i will not answer if you call,but i will call you if you want me to, just text your screen name and number.

Marc

imported post

17th cool. It would also be great to invite friends and family who might be interested in OC'ing but never had the nerve to do it. Cause now they can know they definitely won't be the only one or two people with a gun on their belt. And yes it is a regular city park with 2 sets of play equipment for kids and toddlers, lots of picnic areas and ball parks on 2 sides so its definitely a family friendly place, and i'm cool with bringing the family if everyone else is. Also those that need directions send me a pm or email me at officer1044@yahoo.com, I can give you the straitest route and can even provide alternate routes if u don't want to travel on the interstate(as I know a lot of people that dont). So lets do this and lets do it big.

BILL27GLOCK

imported post

Great, myself and my Son will be there for sure. Just working on directions and what time to be there, other than that I'm good to go. Can't wait, it will be nice to meet all the people and get aquainted.

gunman

imported post

ok we are on for the 17th now we need to decide what time,Do we want to have it in the afternoon or evening or make a day of it.And yes bring your family,and post on here or text me how many are coming with you please,so that everyone knows what to bring and how much.(thank you)

Jim40Cal

imported post

My family can't come as my son is in Special Olympics and has a baseball game that day but I for sure will be coming alone. Evening for me would be best butdoesn't matter that much.I will bring whatever you want?

Marc

imported post

Sounds like maybe it should be kind of an all day thing for those of us that can stay there and still be able to accomodate the people that can come in whenever they make it and stay for as long as they are able to. Just a thought.

Oh BTW Gunman, are you gonna try for the gazebo or just grab some tables on the playground side or what? Its a good sized park and would help to give our friends from out of town a general idea of where to look for us.

gunman

try to get a gazebo.an all day event sounds good to me,what time do you want to start marc ican be there anytime,just let me know when and i will meet you there.

gunman

i was talking to a friend of mine,inviting him to the oc bbq.and he broought up a point im not sure about,so i will ask all of you.we are having this bbq at bartlet park,is this going to be a problem since there is a school across the street,as im not sure about the laws regarding schools.

BILL27GLOCK

i was talking to a friend of mine,inviting him to the oc bbq.and he broought up a point im not sure about,so i will ask all of you.we are having this bbq at bartlet park,is this going to be a problem since there is a school across the street,as im not sure about the laws regarding schools.

Good point, I am not sure about that either.

Marc

Damn i didn't even think about that. That can be tricky. In the gazebo we would be fine because that is more than 1,000 feet from school property. But if anyone had to use the bathroom or wanted to go with their kids to the play area that would be within 1,000 feet and they would probably have to disarm or have a CCW and conceal their gun. Becuz as the law reads about firearms and schools u can carry a concealed weapon if u have a permit and have legitimate business on school property. But becuz this is a city park its touchy for OC becuz of the location adjacent to the school. If anyone has a friend thats a lawyer I'd say find out for sure. I will try to find out from some people myself as well.

gunman

well how about having it at krug park on the pool side,there is a play ground for the kids.there is tennis court/horseshoes for the adults and the pool if you want to let your kids go swimming.

Superlite27

Where are you all getting this "1000 feet from a school" stuff?

I looked here:http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5710000030.HTM but couldn't seem to find anything mentioned about "1000 feet from a school". Maybe someone else could?

However, I did look here:http://www.ci.st-joseph.mo.us/clerk/chap20.pdf

and came up with this:(b) No person who has been issued a concealed
carry endorsement by the Missouri Department of
Revenue under Section 571.094 RSMo, or who
has been issued a valid permit or endorsement to
carry concealed firearms issued by another state
or political subdivision of another state, shall, by
authority of that endorsement or permit, be
allowed to carry that firearm either concealed or
in plain view onto any property or portion of that
property owned, leased or controlled by the City
of St. Joseph, Missouri. The following provisions
shall also apply:
(1) Signs shall be posted at all entrances to
all property owned, leased or controlled
by the city stating that the carrying of
firearms is prohibited on the premises......

etc. etc......

Now, I'm unsure about whether or not a public park would be considered property "controlled by" the City of St. Joseph, but I'm guessing that if there are no signs....GAME ON! All they can do is ask you to leave.

But, I'm still looking for this "1000 foot from a school" stuff. There's already tons of laws working against us. I don't think we need to be making up imaginary ones.

Unless someone can point it out in either Missouri, or St. Joseph code??????????