• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to Florida

nick1207

imported post

I am moving to Florida next month. I need to know if Kentucky will honor my ccdw permit being a non resident, also do i have to contact the sheriff's office and let them know i am moving?

DreamReclaimer

imported post

Kentucky recognizes Florida permits, both resident and non-resident. http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

I don't believe you have to inform anyone when you move, you usually have to wait a time (usually 6 months I think) to become a resident and apply for your new states permit, and from my experience with GA, KY and TN, most states will give you a grace period where your old permit is recognized (per the recipricocity agreement) during the time that your not legally a resident of your new state.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV, so take it for what it's worth, brother.

nick1207

imported post

Wil my certificate from my ccdw class in KY be good in FL? I hope dont have to take it again

DreamReclaimer

imported post

Not sure, but I AM sure you could call whatever department in Florida that handles permits and get an answer that you could take to the bank.

Peace brother.