Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: how you open carry in summertime?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    89

    Post imported post

    how do you carry your weapon in the hot summer months when you are wearing shorts and less clothing?Most or many shorts do not have belt loops for holster and no pockets.what do you do differently in summer than colder time of year when you are wearing heavier clothes with belt loops ,etc

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643

    Post imported post

    I simply wear jean shorts with belt loops. I wear jeans 99.999% of the time so going from winter to spring to summer just means getting the shorts out. Matter of fact, today is definitely a "shorts" day and I have em on and my Glock too.


    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

    “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

    —John F. Kennedy

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322

    Post imported post

    My jean shorts have belt loops, so no issue there. Otherwise, get yourself a Serpa paddle holster.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643

    Post imported post

    protias wrote:
    My jean shorts have belt loops, so no issue there. Otherwise, get yourself a Serpa paddle holster.

    That is what I use. For sure! Works great with or without belt loops. Joe, hope you are doing great in Indiana! We need you more here in Wisconsin!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

    “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

    —John F. Kennedy

  5. #5
    Regular Member oldschool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    delavan, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    118

    Post imported post

    I just were belt and holster over shorts like that. Did that today at the Kenosha meet, may have looked funny but no one laughed (at least to my face).

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    I have a Serpa Paddle Holster, It goes with everything.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  7. #7
    Regular Member AaronS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,497

    Post imported post

    Glock34 wrote:
    I have a Serpa Paddle Holster, It goes with everything.
    I love my 1911 Serpa as well. I think I should get one for my Beretta also. The holster works well, and is a lot faster draw over my leather holsters.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839

    Post imported post

    revolverrandy wrote:
    how do you carry your weapon in the hot summer months when you are wearing shorts and less clothing?Most or many shorts do not have belt loops for holster and no pockets.what do you do differently in summer than colder time of year when you are wearing heavier clothes with belt loops ,etc
    It helps for starters if you carry a relatively smaller handgun. The small CZs in a 9x18 caliber are very inexpensive. Stay away from most of the other surplus in this caliber. They are not as reliable and some have safety function and integrity issues. The last thing you need is a ND, evenwhen you are drawing down and do not intend to discharge. CZ still makes the CZ 83, so that attests to the design of the CZ 82 which you will find as surplus for less than $275.

  9. #9
    Regular Member AaronS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,497

    Post imported post

    Interceptor_Knight wrote:
    revolverrandy wrote:
    how do you carry your weapon in the hot summer months when you are wearing shorts and less clothing?Most or many shorts do not have belt loops for holster and no pockets.what do you do differently in summer than colder time of year when you are wearing heavier clothes with belt loops ,etc
    It helps for starters if you carry a relatively smaller handgun. The small CZs in a 9x18 caliber are very inexpensive. Stay away from most of the other surplus in this caliber. They are not as reliable and some have safety function and integrity issues. The last thing you need is a ND, evenwhen you are drawing down and do not intend to discharge. CZ still makes the CZ 83, so that attests to the design of the CZ 82 which you will find as surplus for less than $275.
    When the CZ line first came to America, I thought it would just be more junk "euro" guns, boy I was wrong. I don't know of one owner that is unhappy with the CZ's. And that price is nice to see also. Looks like CZ is also doing the Dan Wesson Valor 1911. I have not seen one yet, but I think it might be worth looking at for me. I still love them 1911s.

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709

    Post imported post

    oldschool wrote:
    I just were belt and holster over shorts like that. Did that today at the Kenosha meet, may have looked funny but no one laughed (at least to my face).
    Then you're one up on me. When we get together for our Starbucks meet/greet in Onalaska, they are always picking on me.

    Make me feel like old charlie brown, "why's everybody always picking on me?"

  11. #11
    Regular Member oldschool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    delavan, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    118

    Post imported post

    I may have to try and make one of those, give you some moral support.


  12. #12
    Regular Member davegran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,565

    Post imported post

    O.K. guys; but please, no Speedos with gun belts.... :what:

    Dave
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

    WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

    Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

  13. #13
    Regular Member XDFDE45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    823

    Post imported post

    All of my shorts have belt loops so for me it is not a problem.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

    Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Osceola, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    26

    Post imported post

    I only own shorts with belt loops. Keep my SR9 on the right in her Serpa II holster, kydex spare mag holder on the left. Works out just fine.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"
    -Unknown

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •