Thread: how you open carry in summertime?

Post imported post

how do you carry your weapon in the hot summer months when you are wearing shorts and less clothing?Most or many shorts do not have belt loops for holster and no pockets.what do you do differently in summer than colder time of year when you are wearing heavier clothes with belt loops ,etc

Post imported post

I simply wear jean shorts with belt loops. I wear jeans 99.999% of the time so going from winter to spring to summer just means getting the shorts out. Matter of fact, today is definitely a "shorts" day and I have em on and my Glock too.

“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

My jean shorts have belt loops, so no issue there. Otherwise, get yourself a Serpa paddle holster.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

protias wrote:
    My jean shorts have belt loops, so no issue there. Otherwise, get yourself a Serpa paddle holster.

That is what I use. For sure! Works great with or without belt loops. Joe, hope you are doing great in Indiana! We need you more here in Wisconsin!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

I just were belt and holster over shorts like that. Did that today at the Kenosha meet, may have looked funny but no one laughed (at least to my face).

Post imported post

I have a Serpa Paddle Holster, It goes with everything.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    I have a Serpa Paddle Holster, It goes with everything.
    I love my 1911 Serpa as well. I think I should get one for my Beretta also. The holster works well, and is a lot faster draw over my leather holsters.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

revolverrandy wrote:
    how do you carry your weapon in the hot summer months when you are wearing shorts and less clothing?Most or many shorts do not have belt loops for holster and no pockets.what do you do differently in summer than colder time of year when you are wearing heavier clothes with belt loops ,etc
    It helps for starters if you carry a relatively smaller handgun. The small CZs in a 9x18 caliber are very inexpensive. Stay away from most of the other surplus in this caliber. They are not as reliable and some have safety function and integrity issues. The last thing you need is a ND, evenwhen you are drawing down and do not intend to discharge. CZ still makes the CZ 83, so that attests to the design of the CZ 82 which you will find as surplus for less than $275.

Post imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
    revolverrandy wrote:
    It helps for starters if you carry a relatively smaller handgun. The small CZs in a 9x18 caliber are very inexpensive. Stay away from most of the other surplus in this caliber. They are not as reliable and some have safety function and integrity issues. The last thing you need is a ND, evenwhen you are drawing down and do not intend to discharge. CZ still makes the CZ 83, so that attests to the design of the CZ 82 which you will find as surplus for less than $275.
    When the CZ line first came to America, I thought it would just be more junk "euro" guns, boy I was wrong. I don't know of one owner that is unhappy with the CZ's. And that price is nice to see also. Looks like CZ is also doing the Dan Wesson Valor 1911. I have not seen one yet, but I think it might be worth looking at for me. I still love them 1911s.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

oldschool wrote:
    I just were belt and holster over shorts like that. Did that today at the Kenosha meet, may have looked funny but no one laughed (at least to my face).
    Then you're one up on me. When we get together for our Starbucks meet/greet in Onalaska, they are always picking on me.

Make me feel like old charlie brown, "why's everybody always picking on me?"

Post imported post

I may have to try and make one of those, give you some moral support.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

O.K. guys; but please, no Speedos with gun belts.... :what:

Dave
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Post imported post

All of my shorts have belt loops so for me it is not a problem.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Post imported post

I only own shorts with belt loops. Keep my SR9 on the right in her Serpa II holster, kydex spare mag holder on the left. Works out just fine.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"
    -Unknown