• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how you open carry in summertime?

revolverrandy

imported post

how do you carry your weapon in the hot summer months when you are wearing shorts and less clothing?Most or many shorts do not have belt loops for holster and no pockets.what do you do differently in summer than colder time of year when you are wearing heavier clothes with belt loops ,etc

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I simply wear jean shorts with belt loops. I wear jeans 99.999% of the time so going from winter to spring to summer just means getting the shorts out. Matter of fact, today is definitely a "shorts" day and I have em on and my Glock too.

:dude:

protias

imported post

My jean shorts have belt loops, so no issue there. Otherwise, get yourself a Serpa paddle holster. :)

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

protias wrote:
My jean shorts have belt loops, so no issue there. Otherwise, get yourself a Serpa paddle holster. :)

That is what I use. For sure! Works great with or without belt loops. Joe, hope you are doing great in Indiana! We need you more here in Wisconsin!:lol:

oldschool

imported post

I just were belt and holster over shorts like that. Did that today at the Kenosha meet, may have looked funny but no one laughed (at least to my face:D).

AaronS

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I have a Serpa Paddle Holster, It goes with everything.:D
I love my 1911 Serpa as well. I think I should get one for my Beretta also. The holster works well, and is a lot faster draw over my leather holsters.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

revolverrandy wrote:
how do you carry your weapon in the hot summer months when you are wearing shorts and less clothing?Most or many shorts do not have belt loops for holster and no pockets.what do you do differently in summer than colder time of year when you are wearing heavier clothes with belt loops ,etc
It helps for starters if you carry a relatively smaller handgun. The small CZs in a 9x18 caliber are very inexpensive. Stay away from most of the other surplus in this caliber. They are not as reliable and some have safety function and integrity issues. The last thing you need is a ND, evenwhen you are drawing down and do not intend to discharge. CZ still makes the CZ 83, so that attests to the design of the CZ 82 which you will find as surplus for less than $275.

AaronS

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
revolverrandy wrote:
It helps for starters if you carry a relatively smaller handgun. The small CZs in a 9x18 caliber are very inexpensive. Stay away from most of the other surplus in this caliber. They are not as reliable and some have safety function and integrity issues. The last thing you need is a ND, evenwhen you are drawing down and do not intend to discharge. CZ still makes the CZ 83, so that attests to the design of the CZ 82 which you will find as surplus for less than $275.
When the CZ line first came to America, I thought it would just be more junk "euro" guns, boy I was wrong. I don't know of one owner that is unhappy with the CZ's. And that price is nice to see also. Looks like CZ is also doing the Dan Wesson Valor 1911. I have not seen one yet, but I think it might be worth looking at for me. I still love them 1911s.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

oldschool wrote:
I just were belt and holster over shorts like that. Did that today at the Kenosha meet, may have looked funny but no one laughed (at least to my face:D).
Then you're one up on me. When we get together for our Starbucks meet/greet in Onalaska, they are always picking on me.:(

Make me feel like old charlie brown, "why's everybody always picking on me?":D:D

vin_w88

imported post

I only own shorts with belt loops. Keep my SR9 on the right in her Serpa II holster, kydex spare mag holder on the left. Works out just fine.