Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: memorial day membership drive ---posible picnics

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jackson , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    985

    Post imported post

    membership drive in 3 tri-county area location memorial day

    http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/...hp?topic=253.0

    please respond on our website!!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    109

    Post imported post

    I thought MOC was going to keep its business on its own board. Why post the link here if I have to register just to view it?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jackson , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    985

    Post imported post

    your more then welcome to come out to one of events!!Its not just an moc event.Why are so may people so argumentative?Why is there such hatred for something?We are all fighting for the same goal are we not?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    109

    Post imported post

    Well, when your board was new I was pretty sure you had to be an MOC member just to have your registration approved, otherwise you could only access certain boards with guest-level access. Perhaps that's changed, but the link you posted brought me to a login page. It'd seem to me you're trying to increase your usercount over there by drawing the traffic from here.

    I don't have hatred for MOC, but I am growing a little tired of the drama caused here by MOC thinking they're the end-all, be-all for open carry of a firearm in Michigan. While I can appreciate MOC's accomplishments and the organization offering its support, some people simply want to go about things their own way.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jackson , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    985

    Post imported post

    As I due understand that and appreciate it.I for one have never said MOC is the best thing ever!!I due believe in unity and how much a group of same minded people stand a better chance to get things done.Saying that If I seen a group I didn't want to be a member of I would ignore there posting and read only the stuff i wanted to.Unless they are shoving it down my throat And I believe I have never done that to anyone!!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MOC IT / Midland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    416

    Post imported post

    fixed :-)

  7. #7
    Regular Member Bikenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,753

    Post imported post

    I do not see anything wrong with MOC advertising sanctioned events and such on OCDO. Advertising is just that... nothing more.

    However... when advertising something then the event itself should be what is advertised... not a call for volunteers from those who are already members of the organization putting on the event. Which is where that link above takes anyone interested.

    Hence:

    A notice on OCDO that MOC will be hosting a membership drive at such and such place at such and such time... is advertising. And is appropriate.

    Sending folks to a plea for those who are already members of MOC to help work the membership drive events (which is where that link takes folks)......... is ....... again, MOC internal business on OCDO where it surely doesn't belong.

    And that is not appropriate.

    If MOC is using OCDO to communicate with it's members... that is also not appropriate.

    Not to mention that doing those kinds of things, and the negative replies on OCDO that generates, does not help MOC project a professional image.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

  8. #8
    Regular Member JeffSayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    Is it wrong for an organization to reach out to pro oc people for help simply because they are not members of that organization?
    United we STAND!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Macomb County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    There is absolutely nothing wrong with posting any OC events on here. We are the OC community and what a better place to let everyone know about a wide variety of events MOC or no MOC. Only exception I could think of is if John or Mike didnt allow it and they have no problem with it from what I've seen.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Bikenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,753

    Post imported post

    JeffSayers wrote:
    Is it wrong for an organization to reach out to pro oc people for help simply because they are not members of that organization?
    Of course not. But, if an organization wishes to be viewed as a viable and respected source of power to effect lasting change then how that organization reaches out is vital.

    Advertising an upcoming event to nonmembers of an organization is fine... sending them to an internal request for membership volunteers......... is inappropriate and unprofessional.

    Jeff.... many of my posts can easily be taken as anti MOC but the truth is exactly the opposite. While I am pointing out where MOC is screwing up MOC can either take that as constructive criticism and move forward.... or just get upset with me. Believe it or not I personally want MOC to get it's crap gathered into one location really freaking SOON!

    Now... I'll state my case in no uncertain terms.

    MOC has had great successes in the past ... however one must look at those successes for what they are.

    Causing a municipality to make it's ordinances conform to State Law and causing LE agencies to conform to State Law is.... making them play by their own existing rules.

    That is a very good thing.... but an organization isn't needed to get that done. Many individuals working on their own do it too. And that is still a very good thing.... but neither address the larger picture.

    If MOC wishes to be viewed as a "go to" organization when new legislation is crafted then MOC must become a professional organization. Because... when crafting new legislation rarely, if ever, is an individual very effective in that arena. But respected organizations are.

    Now... another thing. I actually have much respect for MOC, it's leadership past and present, and it's members. But it is time to take the next step and build the foundation that will make all 3 a powerful force in the legislature... not just in the local council meetings.

    And that next step is to do things in a professional manner.*

    So.............. what will it be?

    Edited to add the part with the *
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jackson , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    985

    Post imported post

    Bikenut wrote:
    JeffSayers wrote:
    Is it wrong for an organization to reach out to pro oc people for help simply because they are not members of that organization?
    Of course not. But, if an organization wishes to be viewed as a viable and respected source of power to effect lasting change then how that organization reaches out is vital.

    Advertising an upcoming event to nonmembers of an organization is fine... sending them to an internal request for membership volunteers......... is inappropriate and unprofessional.

    Jeff.... many of my posts can easily be taken as anti MOC but the truth is exactly the opposite. While I am pointing out where MOC is screwing up MOC can either take that as constructive criticism and move forward.... or just get upset with me. Believe it or not I personally want MOC to get it's crap gathered into one location really freaking SOON!

    Now... I'll state my case in no uncertain terms.

    MOC has had great successes in the past ... however one must look at those successes for what they are.

    Causing a municipality to make it's ordinances conform to State Law and causing LE agencies to conform to State Law is.... making them play by their own existing rules.

    That is a very good thing.... but an organization isn't needed to get that done. Many individuals working on their own do it too. And that is still a very good thing.... but neither address the larger picture.

    If MOC wishes to be viewed as a "go to" organization when new legislation is crafted then MOC must become a professional organization. Because... when crafting new legislation rarely, if ever, is an individual very effective in that arena. But respected organizations are.

    Now... another thing. I actually have much respect for MOC, it's leadership past and present, and it's members. But it is time to take the next step and build the foundation that will make all 3 a powerful force in the legislature... not just in the local council meetings.

    And that next step is to do things in a professional manner.*

    So.............. what will it be?

    Edited to add the part with the *
    We are working on that!!!We have moved a great deal since the start 1 year ago everything takes time!!!

  12. #12
    Regular Member Bikenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,753

    Post imported post

    cabman1 wrote:
    Bikenut wrote:
    JeffSayers wrote:
    Is it wrong for an organization to reach out to pro oc people for help simply because they are not members of that organization?
    Of course not. But, if an organization wishes to be viewed as a viable and respected source of power to effect lasting change then how that organization reaches out is vital.

    Advertising an upcoming event to nonmembers of an organization is fine... sending them to an internal request for membership volunteers......... is inappropriate and unprofessional.

    Jeff.... many of my posts can easily be taken as anti MOC but the truth is exactly the opposite. While I am pointing out where MOC is screwing up MOC can either take that as constructive criticism and move forward.... or just get upset with me. Believe it or not I personally want MOC to get it's crap gathered into one location really freaking SOON!

    Now... I'll state my case in no uncertain terms.

    MOC has had great successes in the past ... however one must look at those successes for what they are.

    Causing a municipality to make it's ordinances conform to State Law and causing LE agencies to conform to State Law is.... making them play by their own existing rules.

    That is a very good thing.... but an organization isn't needed to get that done. Many individuals working on their own do it too. And that is still a very good thing.... but neither address the larger picture.

    If MOC wishes to be viewed as a "go to" organization when new legislation is crafted then MOC must become a professional organization. Because... when crafting new legislation rarely, if ever, is an individual very effective in that arena. But respected organizations are.

    Now... another thing. I actually have much respect for MOC, it's leadership past and present, and it's members. But it is time to take the next step and build the foundation that will make all 3 a powerful force in the legislature... not just in the local council meetings.

    And that next step is to do things in a professional manner.*

    So.............. what will it be?

    Edited to add the part with the *
    We are working on that!!!We have moved a great deal since the start 1 year ago everything takes time!!!
    While Rome wasn't built in a day... bricks that were mislaid in the foundation were changed and not laid that way again.

    But for some reason MOC internal business keeps cropping up on OCDO... this time as advertising that should have waited until dates, times, and places were set.... by MOC and it's membership.

    ............. sigh ............
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pontiac, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    285

    Post imported post

    if there is one near here in oakland i more than happy to help out.

  14. #14
    Regular Member JeffSayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    Bikenut wrote:
    ...But it is time to take the next step and build the foundation that will make all 3 a powerful force in the legislature... not just in the local council meetings...
    Oohhhh... if you could have been a fly on the wall, I think you would have had a big smile. Hope to meet you someday soon to explain further!
    United we STAND!

  15. #15
    Regular Member Bikenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,753

    Post imported post

    JeffSayers wrote:
    Bikenut wrote:
    ...But it is time to take the next step and build the foundation that will make all 3 a powerful force in the legislature... not just in the local council meetings...
    Oohhhh... if you could have been a fly on the wall, I think you would have had a big smile. Hope to meet you someday soon to explain further!
    I'm looking forward to it.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •