• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Three of our guys fire back

Canard

imported post

Great job guys! Nice cool, calm, and level-headed responses that, I think, really reflect the good nature and upstanding attitude of the people in this organization. Thanks for taking the time to write in!

Machoduck

imported post

The author of the original piece described an Open Carry picnic unlike any I've ever seen. It sounds as if he left before any of his preconceived notions could be shattered. Looking at his photo, one has to wonder who he is to criticize anyone else's attire.

MD

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I called Chris Hardee the top editor at the paper and gave him an opinion regarding Mr. Roellig and the fact that had Roellig's opinion been about any OTHER minority group, the paper would NEVER have published such garbage.

If you want to make a difference, call be polite, but share your displeasure regarding Roellig with Hardee. 608 782 7910

We have also verified that "Eric" was NOT there during the event as he claimed. He left before the event started.

Carry On

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

I expressed my displeasure to the salesmen that set up our advertising and told him that unless the tribune rectified the problem and at least printed some rebuttal we would not be advertising with them in the future.

There may be a few more opinions printed today, but IMO no amount of rebuttal can counteract negative spin that Mr. Roeligg lent to our affair. But like my old daddy said, you can fix ignorance but you can't fix stupid. Hopefully intelligent people will be able to read between the lines.

MK

imported post

It is this kind of Tory who would have been marching along the road to Concord, shoulder to shoulder with the redcoats, todestroy the weapons that were being stored there for self defense purposes by the colonists.

Gordo

imported post

Great articles guys. I had to stop reading the comments for a bit, I get too angry reading the fact-less, opinions of the far left anti's.

hardballer

imported post

[align=center]This is just not right![/align]

You know, I read the piece by Roellig tonight to my wife. She is beside herself, incensed. Our response is not adequate. This guy Libeled and slandered, defamed and out right lied. He needs to be held responsible for his irresponsible actions. He has got to be held accountable. There needs to be a reckoning. My photographs stand as a testament to his lies.

If we just sit back and take this, one lie goes into another and history is re-written. If this clown gets away with no consequences for his action, it will be like open season on our Open Carry efforts. It taints the police, businesses, and me personally. He belittled all of us, attacked our intellect, and intentions. Made it sound like we should have our guns taken away because we were not intelligent enough or responsible enough to carry.

My wife is in shock over this as am I. We need to do more. We cannot lie down and take this. We are giving a big piece of our heart away here if we do nothing. There are laws protecting us from liars and slanderers. We need to use them. We need to get the big guns out and sue the paper and Roelig personally for his out right lies, slander and libelous remarks.

For God's sakes, he wasn't even at the picnic. How can any of it be true!

He needs to give a written public apology for his out right lies as does the paper for allowing that to be printed. We must demand this. This is a test of our resolve and self respect. It was a great family picnic with a tremendous turnout and about as peaceful as it gets. He disrespected each and every one of us there.

His slanderous comments paint all of us as a tiny, little group of crazies and the Tribune is complicit in this slander. This affects each one of us, the soccer moms, single mom's, grandpas, retired police and sheriff's, computer programers, intelligent, responsible folks. None who deserve being put down in the worst ways. With lies.

So what if he has a crappy life. Tired. Can't do his job. My wife always says, people tell on them selves. This rant sounds like he is the cop/seal wannabe. Jealous and resents our success because of his crap life.

The paper did not vet this article and clearly should pay for the damage to our personal and organizational reputations. He knew the truth, this is part of an agenda. He is wrong. Let this go at our peril.

From my wife:

I support open carry even though I have been very ill, and have not met any of you yet. I will stand up and fight for open carry rights even if I have to drag myself through it. I believe so strongly in the Constitution and our right to carry and all of you. I consider Mr. Roellig and the La Crosse Tribune's allowance of the outrageous propaganda/lies a direct attack on Wisconsin Open Carry and each one of us personally.

What they have done is told everyone who reads his column that it is OK to kick dirt in our face and that we are a clan of kooks. Slander and libel are illegal. I for one don't want to take that. I don't want to allow him to defame such a great group of honest, caring citizens. Good folks all. To me this is like graffiti on our flag. Even though I have not met any of you because I have been so ill, I care about you all and applaud your bravery. And I think we need to stand together and do something about this attack on us.

P.S. I feel like I already know you from Dave's (hardballer's) pictures and writing and I love you all. Special hugs to Spartacus and his family and Hubert and his family. I love hearing about all of you from David. The pictures and stories make being bedridden much more bearable. Thank you, Laurra.

hardballer

imported post

OK, I've calmed down now. I'm OK. BP's normal. :lol:

Move on. Nothing to see here.

My wife is still real P.O.d though. :cuss: She'll get over it. She's very supportive of us and our cause. Has zero time for dirt bags. :banghead:

Cypher

imported post

Eric Roellig said on: May 20, 2010, 8:45 pm
Clyde.. your mom called, she wants you moved out of her basement by Saturday.. She also asked that you stop taking her meds. wow.. !!
http://lacrossetribune.com/news/opinion/article_d0784894-63f9-11df-a3d8-001cc4c002e0.html?mode=comments

EXCUSE ME? Is this neckless wonder's brain not working? or does he even have one??? I wonder if zapping him with a tazer would jumpstart it? *giggle*

Of course, such bottomless stupidity CANNOT be ignored, and since I can't seem to register to post on his moronic meltdown, I guess I'll have to respond elsewhere ;)

http://ideashower.com/support/read-it-later/wtf-is-ril/#post-11671

Cypher

imported post

logan wrote:
Welcome to the forums Cypher.

Nice reply you posted! lol:celebrate
A banana?

Is it .22, .44, or .357?

bullet_hole1.gif