• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

walking with my gun.

halo6941

imported post

I think i already have an idea what the answer is here but ill ask anyway. Ok I know while transporting your firearm it has to be in a locked case, but what about when your walking from your car to your apartment.

dirtykoala

imported post

The rules are the same whether you on your B-M-double-shoes, in your BMW, on a skate board, or on a magic carpet.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

tall_tree

imported post

I wonder if you are at least 1000' above the school on your magic carpet while OC'ing if you are OK. I hear the magic carpet police are out in force this month with "click it or ticket"!

I guess the ISS and STS-132 crews can use that exemption if they wanna OC against possible alien attack while briefly over California.

:lol:

halo6941

imported post

tall_tree wrote:
I wonder if you are at least 1000' above the school on your magic carpet while OC'ing if you are OK. I hear the magic carpet police are out in force this month with "click it or ticket"!

I guess the ISS and STS-132 crews can use that exemption if they wanna OC against possible alien attack while briefly over California.

:lol:
i have no clue what your talking about

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

halo6941 wrote:
I think i already have an idea what the answer is here but ill ask anyway. Ok I know while transporting your firearm it has to be in a locked case, but what about when your walking from your car to your apartment.

If you are in a 1000 foot school zone and to avoid overzealous city prosecutors like Theseus had, youshoulduse a locked case. If you're not in a 1000 foot school zone, just open carry unloaded.

626.9. (a) This section shall be known, and may be cited, as the Gun-Free School Zone Act of 1995.
(b) Any person who possesses a firearm in a place that the person knows, or reasonably should know, is a school zone, as defined in paragraph (1) of subdivision (e), unless it is with the written permission of the school district superintendent, his or her designee, or equivalent school authority, shall be punished as specified in subdivision (f).
(c) Subdivision (b) does not apply to the possession of a firearm under any of the following circumstances:
(1) Within a place of residence or place of business or on private property, if the place of residence, place of business, or private property is not part of the school grounds and the possession of the firearm is otherwise lawful.
(2) When the firearm is an unloaded pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed on the person and is in a locked container or within the locked trunk of a motor vehicle.
This section does not prohibit or limit the otherwise lawful transportation of any other firearm, other than a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed on the person, in accordance with state law.