• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Wally World

IMChuc9775

imported post

Ok,

I am interested in others attempts to OC in Wally World in Washington. Which one did you go into? Did you get extra attention? Did a manager ask you to leave?

I ask because I have done it a couple of times in 2 stores but I know the managers where I was at so I wouldn't get the same response as Joe Anybody. I have also worked in the stores and have gotten the calls about OCers in the store and have had to inform them of the state law.

kito109654

imported post

Been into Mill Creek, Everett, Marysville, and Mount Vernon countless times and have never been approached at all.

I am a 22 year old white male who usually wears jeans and t-shirt/polo, sometimes with a short sleeve button up sloppy covering. No one notices me apparently. :)

Batousaii

imported post

hello and welcome to OCDO.

- I have been in our Walmart at Port Orchard, and well, absolutely nothing. Everyone seemed completely content to go about their business and enjoy their shopping, as did I. I have received a few interested comments about state laws and Open Carry, but thats about it. I been in several other major stores, and have not been kicked out or received any bad responses. - I carry a sixgun in an old fashioned holster set, so it's hard to miss, thus i can say for fact, most people are not bothered by it.

- I think you will find that most will echo a similar response. In simple terms, we are in fact at a point where alot of people do know it's legal, and dont really care one way or the other, and thus we are accepted as normal "everyday" peoples and treated accordingly as it should be.

;)Bat

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Federal Way (Hwy 18 & I-5 one) and Lakewood here, no problems. Went in 4 or 5 days after the armored truck courier was killed there and while I was noticed, nothing was said, but the looks I got were of the approving nod-type.

sirpuma

imported post

I can't count the number of Wally Worlds I've OCd in and never had a problem. I know I've been in the Port Orchard one several times, the one out at Buckley, the one down by the Supermall are three that pop to the top of my head.

amzbrady

imported post

Fisrt time in Aberdeen got me 6 or 7 workers watching me till I left electronics then 1 followed me and I played hide and seek with em. No verbal contact, no other problems, been their to many times last month.

waterfowl woody

imported post

IMChuc9775 wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
Oh, gawd, please, no..... not another Wal Mart thread! :what:

Welcome to the forum!

No problems in Oak Harbor or Mt. Vernon.

so that one has been killed already :lol:

My bad
good old mount vernon wal mart. Ya i had a problem with this store on a shotgun they SOLD to me about 5 years ago. I bought a shotgun from them that broke days later and put it back in the box as purchased and went to MT. Vernon wal mart. when i reached the front door, gun is taken apart and cant be seen except for the box it came in, there lovely customer greeter yells "CUSTOMER HAS A GUN" and I mean yells this?? people everywhere are now looking at me. they ask me all kinds of rude questions about what im doing there with this and i keep telling them I bought it here and it is in pieces because it is broken! anyway it took me 1 hour of the front end yelling at me for bringing this gun in there store. I get very frustrated, because they sold it to me, about the problem and sked them what should i have done different because it says on the receipt bring to store if broken. The very educated customer rep rudely told me " you should have called us and then waited on the corner until a manager could come and relieve the weapon from me" WTF?? finally a sports manager comes to the front smiling and takes me and my gun to the hunting section. I asked him why I was treated like criminal for buying something you sell. he heard the story of what happened and listened to my wife vent on how humiliating it was to be looked at by everyone in wal mart as if we were about to rob them! I am kidding you not this mans face was so shocked to how i was treated that i think he swore. he then gave me to an associate as he left . returned gun no problems . when i was finished he found me before i left and said "I am so sorry for what has happened to you and I personaly will change our employees handling of any firearm." every employee had smiles on when I was leaving. I believe that guy was serious

Mech

imported post

I was actually just at the Wally World on 192nd and 3rd here in Vancouver, WA. Greeter guy smiled and nodded at me when I walked in and I returned the favor. Walked around for maybe 20 going to the clothing, sports and HDTV departments; several associates saw me for sure, since they all smiled and went about their own things.

On my way back out the same greeter guy waved and said "Have a nice day sir!" "Thanks, you too." I guess that was "special attention"? Sure didn't mind it though. Long as they're friendly, I'm more than happy to return the favor.

tyguy808

imported post

The only time I've ever had any trouble was an elderly female greeter asked if I had a "concealed weapons permit". I told her that there is no such thing. She told me that her husband had just got his, to which I replied that there was no such thing. She snapped back with "you calling me a liar?", i retorted with " no ma'am" and explained the whole CPL thing versus CWP. Just then a manager walked by and she asked him, he told her to let me be (he was a former neighbor of mine). That was that.