View Poll Results: If either Perry or White includes a plank to his platform that advocates adding Texas to the list of

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, whichever gubernatorial candidate explicitly advocates making the open carry of handguns legal in Texas is reason enough for me to vote for him.

3 60.00%
  • No, having a gubernatorial candidate explicitly advocate making the open carry of handguns legal in Texas is not reason enough to for me to vote for him.

2 40.00%

Thread: Gubernatorial Poll: Open Carry

Post imported post

Please, 1) if you are not a Texan by birth or by residence and 2) if you do not currently hold a Concealed Carry License issued by the State of Texas, do not be a spoiler and vote in this poll.

Post imported post

I'll not answer the poll because I am at the moment looking for a TRUE conservative to vote for. Neither of the ones listed are.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

The poll should be changed from merely advocating the adoption of OC or adding a plank to that effect to committing to signing a bill legalizing OC.

Remember, that is what knocked Ann Richards out and got George Bush elected. Ann Richards vetoed CHL, Bush promised to sign it, and he did. He got elected as a result of his commitment.

Post imported post

That's a good point, echo5sierra. Modifying the poll to read "If either Perry or White commits to signing a bill legalizing open carry, will that be reason enough for you to vote for him in the upcoming election?" is well worth doing.
    However, I don't see a way to modify the poll itself.

Perhaps the moderator can make the change in wording.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I wouldn't vote for someone just because of OC. Its terribly important to me and near to my heart, but there are too many other things that are just as important. If Bill White went crazy pro OC, I still wouldn't vote for him. I'm no Perry fan, but he's still the lesser of two evils, and, he'd sign an OC bill.