• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gubernatorial Poll: Open Carry

If either Perry or White includes a plank to his platform that advocates adding Texas to the list of

• Yes, whichever gubernatorial candidate explicitly advocates making the open carry of handguns legal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, having a gubernatorial candidate explicitly advocate making the open carry of handguns legal in

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dglockster

imported post

Please, 1) if you are not a Texan by birth or by residence and 2) if you do not currently hold a Concealed Carry License issued by the State of Texas, do not be a spoiler and vote in this poll.

rodbender

imported post

I'll not answer the poll because I am at the moment looking for a TRUE conservative to vote for. Neither of the ones listed are.

echo5sierra

imported post

The poll should be changed from merely advocating the adoption of OC or adding a plank to that effect to committing to signing a bill legalizing OC.

Remember, that is what knocked Ann Richards out and got George Bush elected. Ann Richards vetoed CHL, Bush promised to sign it, and he did. He got elected as a result of his commitment.

dglockster

imported post

That's a good point, echo5sierra. Modifying the poll to read "If either Perry or White commits to signing a bill legalizing open carry, will that be reason enough for you to vote for him in the upcoming election?" is well worth doing.
However, I don't see a way to modify the poll itself.

Perhaps the moderator can make the change in wording.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I wouldn't vote for someone just because of OC. Its terribly important to me and near to my heart, but there are too many other things that are just as important. If Bill White went crazy pro OC, I still wouldn't vote for him. I'm no Perry fan, but he's still the lesser of two evils, and, he'd sign an OC bill.