• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a range

Delta_RT

imported post

hey guys,

been gone for a while, but i'm back and i figured i'd come here to try to find a good range in the Kenosha/Racine area. i'm only back in Wisconsin until september when i start my Active Duty, so i'm trying to find something temporary without a lot of heavy membership dues. once i get settled in at Fort Carson, CO, i'll find a "real" range and make it my home. need to get out and "break in" my new SA XDm .40 3.8"

any suggestions??

Thanks!
~d

JGEARHOBBER

imported post

Welcome back! I am a frequent visitor at Shooters Sports Center. Not exactly the cheapest place to shoot and open carry in the store is not allowed but overall the people are nice and I enjoy going their 2-3 times a month. It is $11/hr to rent a lane but they do have membership (pricey) or they offer 25% off of like 18 trips if you pay for it at once.

Enjoy and stay safe!

4900 6 Mile RoadRacine, WI 53402-9739- (262) 681-1040

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

Delta_RT wrote:
hey guys,

been gone for a while, but i'm back and i figured i'd come here to try to find a good range in the Kenosha/Racine area. i'm only back in Wisconsin until september when i start my Active Duty, so i'm trying to find something temporary without a lot of heavy membership dues. once i get settled in at Fort Carson, CO, i'll find a "real" range and make it my home. need to get out and "break in" my new SA XDm .40 3.8"

any suggestions??

Thanks!
~d
Welcome back and thanks in advance for your service to our country!

McMiller Sports Center west of Waukesha may be what you are looking for. Many different shooting opportunities, no dues just charge by the visit. It used to be $8/hr. or $15/day but you'll have to check.

You can bring your own targets as long as they aren't people silhouettes. No fast draw or rapid fire.

http://www.mcmillershootingcenter.com/

Aside from McMiller, you could come out for RacineIDPA competition right in your neck of the woods. Lots of fun!
http://www.racineidpa.com/

Dave

Delta_RT

imported post

dave,

thanks for the reference to the IDPA! that definitely looks like something i'd be interested in! question: would i need both an international and racine membership? or will the international cover me at the racine events? the information on both websites is not clear on that (or maybe i just missed it).

THANKS!

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

Delta_RT wrote:
dave,

thanks for the reference to the IDPA! that definitely looks like something i'd be interested in! question: would i need both an international and racine membership? or will the international cover me at the racine events? the information on both websites is not clear on that (or maybe i just missed it).

THANKS!
Delta,
Once you have a National IDPA membership, you can shoot at any club's events. Some times they'll give you a price break on matches and other perks if you are also a local member. For instance, if you have a Racine IDPA membership along with a National, a match costs you $15.00 instead of $18.00.

Usually, a club will let you shoot one match without having any membership at all, just to try it out.

I'll be glad to answer any other questions you might have.

Dave