Thread: Taylor City Council OCers get another article & a cartoon

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

Link to story & undoubtedly lots of anti - OC comments from ignorant readers.

http://www.thenewsherald.com/article...6492640039.txt

Cartoon attached

Thanks again to all that supported this event.

G9mmOS - A.K.A. Jeff
    [img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Monica/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.png[/img]
    [img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Monica/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Monica/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Monica/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.png[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Monica/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.png[/img]
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work youre doing, i noticed you just joined in april, you've done a lot of good for OC in your area, keep up the good work bud

Post imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
    just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work youre doing, i noticed you just joined in april, you've done a lot of good for OC in your area, keep up the good work bud
    Amen to that +1
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

Post imported post

What makes me sick are the comments by the sheeple who think that only cops should carry guns or that we carry guns to compensate for something. I guess they all have liberalitus or craniumrectal syndrome. I feel sorry for those that actually believe thatthe police are going to save their bacon.

Post imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
    Thanks,

Kyle.

Next city on the OC "need to be educated" list for me is Southgate.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

I was pleasantly surprised to find that this article did not have a major left-leaning slant to it. Good article by the people over at the News-Herald. Reported the facts and didn't portray those assembled as wack-jobs that need to be run out of the country because they are one step away from being "white" terrorists.

That seems to be the message portrayed by the major news outlets. Here's to small town papers that get it right.
    I always open carry one of my Kimber 1911 pistols everywhere I go. Usually in a paddle holster. Nothing fancy, but it works for me.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Hell, one of the commentators went so far as to say only cops carry, and only when on duty. People with police, military, or advanced security training are the exact people who should definitely be carrying everyday, all day long. Those classes of folks should have joined us in accepting the social responsibility long ago and carry everywhere, however they wish to carry.

Post imported post

Glock9mmOldStyle wrote:
    Link to story & undoubtedly lots of anti - OC comments from ignorant readers.
    The News Herald online is always one big troll fest in the article comments. At least they make you sign up to post comments now, up until 6 months ago it was even worse with all the anonymous comments. The posters there have no morals.

Post imported post

I did see where one of our "supporters" thought that 1.8%="2 out of 10" though...
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

I saw that one too. Maybe he meant 18% which rounded would be 2 out of 10?:what:

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

According to MCRGO site there are 228,228 CPL holders. Base on the estimated Entire population that is about 2.28%.

If you only include those that are 21 and older then that rate jumps up a bit. I don't know how many people are 21 and older in Michigan but 18 and older is75.7% so about 7,570,000 people are 18 or older so that brings it up to more than 3% which is about 1 in 33 adults.

The average % of CPLs from all the CPL states is between 2 and 4, so Michigan is in the ball park.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    According to MCRGO site there are 228,228 CPL holders.Â* Base on the estimated Entire population that is about 2.28%.Â*

If you only include those that are 21 and older then that rate jumps up a bit.Â*Â* I don't know how many people are 21 and older in Michigan but 18 and older isÂ*75.7% so about 7,570,000 people are 18 or older so that brings it up to more than 3% which is about 1 in 33 adults.

The average % of CPLs from all the CPL states is between 2 and 4, so Michigan is in the ball park.
    I was actually referring to the statement made by "Speaking out", and I quote: "Most don't realize that 1.8% of the Michigan population has a CCW permit. That means 2 out of 10 people you mingle with in public everday, carry a gun."
    I was not saying his data was accurate or not, just that his post contained an argument which was untenable...his math was the problem. He is correct that a lrge number of people do carry in Michigan, either CC or OC.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

DrTodd wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    According to MCRGO site there are 228,228 CPL holders. Base on the estimated Entire population that is about 2.28%.

If you only include those that are 21 and older then that rate jumps up a bit. I don't know how many people are 21 and older in Michigan but 18 and older is75.7% so about 7,570,000 people are 18 or older so that brings it up to more than 3% which is about 1 in 33 adults.

I was actually referring to the statement made by "Speaking out", and I quote: "Most don't realize that 1.8% of the Michigan population has a CCW permit. That means 2 out of 10 people you mingle with in public everday, carry a gun."
    I was not saying his data was accurate or not, just that his post contained an argument which was untenable...his math was the problem. He is correct that a lrge number of people do carry in Michigan, either CC or OC.
    Oh I know, I was just showing off that I found by calculator....right where I last left it.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Oh I know, I was just showing off that I found my calculator....right where I last left it.
    HeHe, thats one of the funniest replies i`ve seen in a while

Post imported post

Venator wrote:

Not to mention all the LEOs (on and off duty, most do not have CPLs but still carry so I'm sure that bumps it up too)!

God Bless
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless