• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taylor City Council OCers get another article & a cartoon

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Link to story & undoubtedly lots of anti - OC comments from ignorant readers.

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2010/05/22/news/doc4bf7f2fd771e6492640039.txt

Cartoon attached

Thanks again to all that supported this event.

G9mmOS - A.K.A. Jeff
moz-screenshot-7.png

moz-screenshot-3.png
moz-screenshot-4.png
moz-screenshot-5.png
moz-screenshot-6.png

kyleplusitunes

imported post

just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work youre doing, i noticed you just joined in april, you've done a lot of good for OC in your area, keep up the good work bud

bruiser 160

imported post

What makes me sick are the comments by the sheeple who think that only cops should carry guns or that we carry guns to compensate for something. I guess they all have liberalitus or craniumrectal syndrome. I feel sorry for those that actually believe thatthe police are going to save their bacon.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

The Expert

imported post

I was pleasantly surprised to find that this article did not have a major left-leaning slant to it. Good article by the people over at the News-Herald. Reported the facts and didn't portray those assembled as wack-jobs that need to be run out of the country because they are one step away from being "white" terrorists.

That seems to be the message portrayed by the major news outlets. Here's to small town papers that get it right.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hell, one of the commentators went so far as to say only cops carry, and only when on duty. People with police, military, or advanced security training are the exact people who should definitely be carrying everyday, all day long. Those classes of folks should have joined us in accepting the social responsibility long ago and carry everywhere, however they wish to carry.

Michigun

imported post

Glock9mmOldStyle wrote:
Link to story & undoubtedly lots of anti - OC comments from ignorant readers.
The News Herald online is always one big troll fest in the article comments. At least they make you sign up to post comments now, up until 6 months ago it was even worse with all the anonymous comments. The posters there have no morals.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

According to MCRGO site there are 228,228 CPL holders. Base on the estimated Entire population that is about 2.28%.

If you only include those that are 21 and older then that rate jumps up a bit. I don't know how many people are 21 and older in Michigan but 18 and older is75.7% so about 7,570,000 people are 18 or older so that brings it up to more than 3% which is about 1 in 33 adults.

The average % of CPLs from all the CPL states is between 2 and 4, so Michigan is in the ball park.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Venator wrote:
According to MCRGO site there are 228,228 CPL holders.  Base on the estimated Entire population that is about 2.28%. 

If you only include those that are 21 and older then that rate jumps up a bit.   I don't know how many people are 21 and older in Michigan but 18 and older is 75.7% so about 7,570,000 people are 18 or older so that brings it up to more than 3% which is about 1 in 33 adults.

The average % of CPLs from all the CPL states is between 2 and 4, so Michigan is in the ball park.

I was actually referring to the statement made by "Speaking out", and I quote: "Most don't realize that 1.8% of the Michigan population has a CCW permit. That means 2 out of 10 people you mingle with in public everday, carry a gun."
I was not saying his data was accurate or not, just that his post contained an argument which was untenable...his math was the problem. He is correct that a lrge number of people do carry in Michigan, either CC or OC.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

DrTodd wrote:
Venator wrote:
According to MCRGO site there are 228,228 CPL holders. Base on the estimated Entire population that is about 2.28%.

If you only include those that are 21 and older then that rate jumps up a bit. I don't know how many people are 21 and older in Michigan but 18 and older is75.7% so about 7,570,000 people are 18 or older so that brings it up to more than 3% which is about 1 in 33 adults.

I was actually referring to the statement made by "Speaking out", and I quote: "Most don't realize that 1.8% of the Michigan population has a CCW permit. That means 2 out of 10 people you mingle with in public everday, carry a gun."
I was not saying his data was accurate or not, just that his post contained an argument which was untenable...his math was the problem. He is correct that a lrge number of people do carry in Michigan, either CC or OC.
Oh I know, I was just showing off that I found by calculator....right where I last left it.;)

DetroitBiker

imported post

Venator wrote:
Oh I know, I was just showing off that I found my calculator....right where I last left it.;)
HeHe, thats one of the funniest replies i`ve seen in a while :lol:

eastmeyers

imported post

Venator wrote:

Not to mention all the LEOs (on and off duty, most do not have CPLs but still carry so I'm sure that bumps it up too)!

God Bless