• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Round Table Pizza - Police Encounter

swatspyder

imported post

Friday the 21st, my girlfriend and I went to go eat lunch at Round Table Pizza. As I pulled in, I noticed three patrol cars parked in the lot. This spiked my confidence meter and had me nervous heading into the restaurant while openly carrying.

My girlfriend and I went in and purchased the lunch buffet meal, had no comment from any of the staff in the establishment, and had no contact with the three deputies eating by the front windows. Her and I walked to the back room area, around the back side where we passed by 3-4 small groups of people who were eating. None of them said anything.

After finishing our meal, we walked back to the front side to leave, but this time I had to pass the deputies with my strong side towards them. :uhoh: With a book in my right hand hanging down by my thigh (strong side), and nothing in my left hand, I passed by them. Making eye contact with the one deputy that was facing me, I lifted my empty left hand up in a wave, smiled and said, "Hi!" That deputy reciprocated the friendly gesture with a "hello" and a small wave. At this point I have an inner sigh of relief as I continue to pass... But then something odd happened :shock: their conversation ceased... It felt as if I had just gone deaf. Inside, I felt like I was bugging out :what: getting ready for the "oh shit, here it comes" moment. But miraculously NOTHING happened. My girlfriend and I continued through the small lobby area and out of the restaurant. Feeling like I should just continue leaving, I decided NOT to look back at the expressions on the deputies faces, whatever they would have been. We left without issue.

Driving back home, I felt like doing the banana dance, but decided it would be better to pay attention to the road. :celebrate This is the first time while openly carrying, that I have had to pass by a deputy from Fircrest or University Place, let alone both at the same time, and I am glad that the stress and anxiety about encountering local deputies while openly carrying is now gone.

amzbrady

imported post

Funny how at timeswe make ourselves moreanxious about carrying than even the cops do. I do it to myself at times. We can be our own enemy at times. Glad it wasa good lunch, and you able to enjoy without incidence.

sempercarry

imported post

Nice. I have had similar expericances with up cops. The only time any of them said anything was at the narrows plaza bowling alley. He said "your hanging out there" I told him "I know" and continued to walk by.....nothing else was said. Seems like up has their stuff together

ChuckUFarley

imported post

Driving back home, I felt like doing the banana dance, but decided it would be better to pay attention to the road. :celebrate This is the first time while openly carrying, that I have had to pass by a deputy from Fircrest or University Place, let alone both at the same time, and I am glad that the stress and anxiety about encountering local deputies while openly carrying is now gone.
The banana dance is the best