Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: talked to long beach PD about OC

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kent, ,
    Posts
    96

    Post imported post

    had a nice conversation with a Long Beach PD officer about OC. granted I was in cuffs for doing something completely unrelated and was on my way to South Bend for the night. can you say alcohol was involved. any way, I asked him if I was OCing here and he got a call from a shop or tourist ot whatever what would you do. his response was it is legal but we would show up to talk to you and find out what you are doing. when asked if the dispatcher could ask "what is the guy with the gun doing" he said we would still show up and have a talk with you. they know it is legal but would still stop you and have a chat. doesn't seem like a very friendly place for us to be.



    kenzmad

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kent, ,
    Posts
    96

    Post imported post

    by the way I was not carrying anything at the time I was cuffed and stuffed.



    kenzmad

  3. #3
    Regular Member Son_of_Perdition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW , Washington, USA
    Posts
    166

    Post imported post

    Hum? Considering the position you were in when you had the conversation, I'd say he was quite positive and friendly. besides, imaginehow slowthe poor guys day looks like. I would bet a call about a guy in town with a gun might actually give him an excuse to take that bullet out of his chest pocket and put it in his revolver.




  4. #4
    Regular Member Aryk45XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    513

    Post imported post

    Yes, they can and may ask you anything they want. I can and may tell them absolutely nothing but, "Am I being detained?" and "Am I free to go?" There may be a few yes and no sirs in there too.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sedro, Washington, USA
    Posts
    533

    Post imported post

    At least you didn't get into alcohol trouble while carrying.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532

    Post imported post

    kenzmad wrote:
    ..his response was it is legal but we would show up to talk to you and find out what you are doing.
    This would be a voluntary conversation from which you could walk away.

    "Am I being detained? No? Have a nice day officer."

  7. #7
    Regular Member Son_of_Perdition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW , Washington, USA
    Posts
    166

    Post imported post

    Aryk45XD wrote:
    Yes, they can and may ask you anything they want. I can and may tell them absolutely nothing but, "Am I being detained?" and "Am I free to go?" There may be a few yes and no sirs in there too.
    That would be my play too. I'm just sayingThat they wouldn't have anything better to do. So a visit from Barny would most likely happen.

  8. #8
    Regular Member killchain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    788

    Post imported post

    Son_of_Perdition wrote:
    Hum? Considering the position you were in when you had the conversation, I'd say he was quite positive and friendly. besides, imaginehow slowthe poor guys day looks like. I would bet a call about a guy in town with a gun might actually give him an excuse to take that bullet out of his chest pocket and put it in his revolver.


    I wish the world was peaceful enough that our police didn't have to carry.

    But it isn't, and I recognize that. So I carry.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

  9. #9
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    killchain wrote:
    Son_of_Perdition wrote:
    Hum? Considering the position you were in when you had the conversation, I'd say he was quite positive and friendly. besides, imaginehow slowthe poor guys day looks like. I would bet a call about a guy in town with a gun might actually give him an excuse to take that bullet out of his chest pocket and put it in his revolver.


    I wish the world was peaceful enough that our police didn't have to carry.

    But it isn't, and I recognize that. So I carry.
    +1
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666

    Post imported post

    kenzmad wrote:
    had a nice conversation with a Long Beach PD officer about OC. granted I was in cuffs for doing something completely unrelated and was on my way to South Bend for the night. can you say alcohol was involved. any way, I asked him if I was OCing here and he got a call from a shop or tourist ot whatever what would you do. his response was it is legal but we would show up to talk to you and find out what you are doing. when asked if the dispatcher could ask "what is the guy with the gun doing" he said we would still show up and have a talk with you. they know it is legal but would still stop you and have a chat. doesn't seem like a very friendly place for us to be.



    kenzmad
    Actually it seems plenty friendly.

    Officer, "How are you today, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

    (Recorder turns on)

    Me, "Did you see the Mariner's last night, finally a nice win?"

    Officer, "Uh, ya I guess, why do you have a firearm?"

    Officer, "Do you mind stepping over here to chat?"

    Me, "Great weather we are having?"

    Officer, "Can I ask you about your firearm"

    Me, "Am I being detained? Am I free to go?"

    Officer, "You are not being detained"

    Me, "Have a great day officer"

    Me, walks away....

    Me, "I am fine right here


    Live Free or Die!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •