• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

talked to long beach PD about OC

kenzmad

imported post

had a nice conversation with a Long Beach PD officer about OC. granted I was in cuffs for doing something completely unrelated and was on my way to South Bend for the night. can you say alcohol was involved. any way, I asked him if I was OCing here and he got a call from a shop or tourist ot whatever what would you do. his response was it is legal but we would show up to talk to you and find out what you are doing. when asked if the dispatcher could ask "what is the guy with the gun doing" he said we would still show up and have a talk with you. they know it is legal but would still stop you and have a chat. doesn't seem like a very friendly place for us to be.

kenzmad

kenzmad

imported post

by the way I was not carrying anything at the time I was cuffed and stuffed.

kenzmad

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

Hum?:uhoh: Considering the position you were in when you had the conversation, I'd say he was quite positive and friendly. besides, imaginehow slowthe poor guys day looks like. I would bet a call about a guy in town with a gun might actually give him an excuse to take that bullet out of his chest pocket and put it in his revolver.:lol:

barney_fife.jpg

Aryk45XD

imported post

Yes, they can and may ask you anything they want. I can and may tell them absolutely nothing but, "Am I being detained?" and "Am I free to go?" There may be a few yes and no sirs in there too.

Mainsail

imported post

kenzmad wrote:
..his response was it is legal but we would show up to talk to you and find out what you are doing.
This would be a voluntary conversation from which you could walk away.

"Am I being detained? No? Have a nice day officer."

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
Yes, they can and may ask you anything they want. I can and may tell them absolutely nothing but, "Am I being detained?" and "Am I free to go?" There may be a few yes and no sirs in there too.
That would be my play too. I'm just sayingThat they wouldn't have anything better to do. So a visit from Barny would most likely happen.

killchain

imported post

Son_of_Perdition wrote:
Hum?:uhoh: Considering the position you were in when you had the conversation, I'd say he was quite positive and friendly. besides, imaginehow slowthe poor guys day looks like. I would bet a call about a guy in town with a gun might actually give him an excuse to take that bullet out of his chest pocket and put it in his revolver.:lol:

barney_fife.jpg
I wish the world was peaceful enough that our police didn't have to carry.

But it isn't, and I recognize that. So I carry.

amzbrady

imported post

killchain wrote:
Son_of_Perdition wrote:
I wish the world was peaceful enough that our police didn't have to carry.

But it isn't, and I recognize that. So I carry.
+1

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kenzmad wrote:
had a nice conversation with a Long Beach PD officer about OC. granted I was in cuffs for doing something completely unrelated and was on my way to South Bend for the night. can you say alcohol was involved. any way, I asked him if I was OCing here and he got a call from a shop or tourist ot whatever what would you do. his response was it is legal but we would show up to talk to you and find out what you are doing. when asked if the dispatcher could ask "what is the guy with the gun doing" he said we would still show up and have a talk with you. they know it is legal but would still stop you and have a chat. doesn't seem like a very friendly place for us to be.

kenzmad

Actually it seems plenty friendly.

Officer, "How are you today, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

(Recorder turns on)

Me, "Did you see the Mariner's last night, finally a nice win?"

Officer, "Uh, ya I guess, why do you have a firearm?"

Officer, "Do you mind stepping over here to chat?"

Me, "Great weather we are having?"

Officer, "Can I ask you about your firearm"

Me, "Am I being detained? Am I free to go?"

Officer, "You are not being detained"

Me, "Have a great day officer"