Thread: Carrying corporate policies

Post imported post

So I was thinking of carrying a printout of various corporate policies depending on the situation to where I'm going. (Like if I OC at wal-mart, carry their policy, etc) This way, if asked to leave, I could politely ask the person asking me to leave to follow me out of the store so I can show them that they are not following policy.

Has anyone done this? If so, how did it work for you? I would still be leaving upon asking, but would also be educating the ignorant.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Get corporate to send you their policy on corporate letterhead; otherwise I anticipate thatindividual store managerswill care very little.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Go here. Whe had this as a sticky and it may not be complete, but it's a start.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/40385.html
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I saw that, and was actually planning on using that specific thread for this idea.

I was just wondering if anyone actually carried some of those policies in their pocket for that specific reason, and what their outcome was. Maybe I should have used that thread, but I didn't want to clog it with discussion when it's designated for policies.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Been there done that. You can try it if you like, not saying not to; just to let you know my experience with wally world on this one.

Last year, after repeated challenges for oc'ing; I contacted corp. offices, I carried their email response with me and had it when I was again challenged. The manager was not interested in the policy I had and he said he would check it out later for himself but I would have to cover up or leave for now.

I had the same reaction from three different managers at the store. The ultimate response of walmart corp that I received was to leave it up to the store manager.

So you may give it a try, I wish you luck; but keep in mind, managers are like cops in the way that they don't like being told what "their" rules are by anyone and will want to verify it themselves.

JMO

Post imported post

Gotcha. I figured this might be the case.