• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying corporate policies

malignity

imported post

So I was thinking of carrying a printout of various corporate policies depending on the situation to where I'm going. (Like if I OC at wal-mart, carry their policy, etc) This way, if asked to leave, I could politely ask the person asking me to leave to follow me out of the store so I can show them that they are not following policy.

Has anyone done this? If so, how did it work for you? I would still be leaving upon asking, but would also be educating the ignorant.

Bronson

imported post

Get corporate to send you their policy on corporate letterhead; otherwise I anticipate thatindividual store managerswill care very little.

Bronson

malignity

imported post

I saw that, and was actually planning on using that specific thread for this idea.

I was just wondering if anyone actually carried some of those policies in their pocket for that specific reason, and what their outcome was. :) Maybe I should have used that thread, but I didn't want to clog it with discussion when it's designated for policies.

WARCHILD

imported post

Been there done that. You can try it if you like, not saying not to; just to let you know my experience with wally world on this one.

Last year, after repeated challenges for oc'ing; I contacted corp. offices, I carried their email response with me and had it when I was again challenged. The manager was not interested in the policy I had and he said he would check it out later for himself but I would have to cover up or leave for now.

I had the same reaction from three different managers at the store. The ultimate response of walmart corp that I received was to leave it up to the store manager.

So you may give it a try, I wish you luck; but keep in mind, managers are like cops in the way that they don't like being told what "their" rules are by anyone and will want to verify it themselves.

JMO