• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Murder in Monument Square, Portland.

Justified

imported post

I'm sure everyone has seen this by now but it begs the obvious and germane question for purposes of this movement. Would this have happened to an OCer? Would it have happened if an OCer was visible to these walking trash bags? I'm thinking no. Chief Craig, who used to Captain the LAPD's section responsible for the Watts area of LA, says we have a dangerous phenomenon of early closing times for bars, all of which are within a block or two of each other. Not a good recipe. The Old Port is quickly becoming a very unsafe place at night.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Man-24-killed-in-Portland-assault-.html

ep0k

imported post

My girlfriend knew the victim. She's starting to understand why I have a CCP. I don't think there's any question that this would not have happened if he'd been visibly armed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ep0k wrote:
My girlfriend knew the victim. She's starting to understand why I have a CCP. I don't think there's any question that this would not have happened if he'd been visibly armed.
The difference between an anti-self defense advocate and a pro carry proponent = the anti hasn't had an serious SHTF moment .............. yet.

Some of us refer to the type story in the OP as a "Why do you need a gun when______" story.

Yata hey

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

He dated my sisters best friend about 2 years ago... helped us load hay one summer for our horses. What a small world it is. It's unfortunate that he didn't have a means to protect/defend himself. Although, if he was drinking even if he was an OC'er he wouldn't've been armed at that point in time... firearms and alcohol = not a good idea. Of course it doesn't say if he had actually been drinking or not.