Thread: San Diego Tribune - NRA goes after California Sheriffs for not issuing enough gun permits

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Imagine the look on Sheriff Gore's face when he heard the news of the NRA alert against him - perhaps like that of those of of the Englsh Nobles at the last scene In Braveheat when Robert the Bruce refused to surrender -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6ksisDGJI

--

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...up-over-permit

SNIP
    Gore, La Suer unlikely to ‘make up’ over permit
    Monday, May 24, 2010 at 12:04 a.m.

Sheriff Bill Gore sounded a bit exasperated having to talk about it. He says he’s following state law and a procedure established by his predecessor nearly 15 years ago.
    Nevertheless, claims that the Sheriff’s Department is arbitrary in issuing concealed weapons permits have become a focus of the sheriff’s race.

“When you run a campaign with no real issues, you make up issues like this,” Gore said.

That would be Jay La Suer he’s talking about, one of his two opponents in the June 8 election.

Just guessing here, but Gore is in for a big disagreement on this made-up business. And not just from La Suer, the lead critic of the department’s policy on issuing the permits. Judging from the number of recent online comments over the matter, Gore may be in for another barrage.

The National Rifle Association last week urged members to vote against Gore, and leveled a harsh accusation in the process.

“The truth is the few permits he has issued have been limited to campaign contributors, personal friends and others who fit his arbitrary definition of ‘good cause,’ ” the NRA said in a message to members.

. . .

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Hmmmm so why has it taken so many years for NRA to finally put up a fuss. Oh maybe because of OCDO.......

Good work guys in California.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Hmmmm so why has it taken so many years for NRA to finally put up a fuss. Oh maybe because of OCDO.......

Good work guys in California.
    OCDO is hard to ignore, even when they try to do so.

Yata hey,

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I personally feel we have done more for our rights by just bringing it out of the closet than all the large gun organizations together. Hard to be apathetic when folks are publicly excercising their rights.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    I personally feel we have done more for our rights by just bringing it out of the closet than all the large gun organizations together. Hard to be apathetic when folks are publicly excercising their rights.
    I could not agree more. IMO, it is imperative for us to continue to bring our guns out from hiding, by hiding them we collectively perpetuate the stigma that guns are bad and we should be ashamed for even owning them.

In the article it also says...
    "...[Gore]said the department in 2009 issued permits to 115 first-time applicants and reissued to 566 others whose permits were expiring."
    So in a county of more than 3 million, he is giving himself accolades for issuing CCW permits to approximately 2 thousandths of 1% of the population!!! Well, hell let's just give him a hardy round of applause with an atta-boy!!!
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

This is the same guy who Edward Peruta has problems with:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...ghlight=edward

So, it doesn't surprise me that the NRA has a "do not vote for" opinion of him.

Vote the bum out of office!
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project