• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bellis fair mall

Hammer

imported post

Jeebus....
Now we have evolved into the parking policy committee.
Sure glad there are no IMPORTANT topics to resolve in this world.
Here we'd be, dancing around the parking lot issues! :cuss:
I wish there was a way to make a thread invisible to my 'puter.
Oh, there is- mental note to ignore.
Carry on!

Machoduck

imported post

"What about the twin towers if you were just a minute or a few minutes late for work that day, it may have saved some ones life."

I know of one case where that happened on September 11. I'm sure there are others. In the case I'm aware of a man who had a nifty commute (take a PATH train from NJ under the Hudson and get off at the station under the WTC.) That day he missed his regular train and had to take the one following. he was still above ground on the NJ side when the atrocity started.

This account is from another forum member (a Philadelphia Eagles forum). I forget whether the lucky one was friend or family of the forum poster.

Tomas

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
What I find extremely fun to do...

When leaving a busy shopping location and the lot is full, you inevitably get that guy following you in his car as you are walking out, just drooling for a chance to get your parking spot....

Well, I walk down the aisle of cars opposite where mine is parked. Then, I go beside the car that is parked opposite mine and watch for the blinker to come on "the stalker's" car when I point my key at someone else's car. Then I run over to my car and watch as the stalker tries to get around the aisle in time to snag my parking spot :celebrate
Just another way we are different. I'll acknowledge them and sometimes even point out my car so they can get a place to park.

I've found it doesn't actually cost me a damned thing to be nice to people. :?

Mainsail

imported post

Tomas wrote:
Just another way we are different. I'll acknowledge them and sometimes even point out my car so they can get a place to park.

I've found it doesn't actually cost me a damned thing to be nice to people.

+1

Kindness is not only easier, it's often more entertaining.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Reading this just reminded me how nice people are down in Lacey, WA. I was there at cabelas a couple days ago riding my crotch rocket, and I was at a major intersection waiting to turn left. traffic went by, a couple redneck looking guys in a pickup took a left by me and looked and nodded. I look to the right and there's another guy in a car and we make eye contact and he nods. Then I ride back to Seattle and remember the piece of crap people (majority) that live here and just walk right by you, you'd be lucky if you get a mug (not talking about the kind you pour a drink in).

Coming back to the main topic on this thread, just be nice to people (not asking you to give out money, just act friendly). Isn't that a tactic some of the folks here use? Instead of puffing up our chests at small provoking remarks about our guns, we try to keep a professional and civilized stance and use words instead of force? After a while, the other party will give up on trying to harm us by realizing we won't use force against them to make them agree with us.

Something that happened yesterday, I was in south seattle, in my car with my gf. We were in a residential road and came upon a GANGSTA HOOD ASS scene. Bunch of thugs standing on the road, with a car parked in the MIDDLE OF THE ROAD (one lane), with driver and passenger seat leaned back CHILLING. I rolled up maybe 30 ft, and stopped, and I didn't honk or yell, and somehow quickly, the passenger brought seat up and closed the door car and driver came up and pulled car out of the way. Passed by, looked at the thugs, nodded, and drove on without bullets hitting my trunk or bumper. Even if some people look like they don't deserve respect, doesn't mean you can't be civilized and polite for the time being.

And for the record, I thought that event was going to turn out like the racist one my mother and grandmother and I experienced when I was younger. But nothing negative happened and I went along my way peacefully.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

When asked about OC I tell others you must be polite, be courteous, be professionaland be kind.

Or as Dalton would say "Be nice."

Road-House-01-4.jpg

oneeyeross

imported post

I am amazed at how... anxious some of you seem to get about some kind of parking lot rules that you seem to believe in....

I wait for people. I let people follow me. I point out where I am parked so they can get my spot. Of course, I usually park in the handicap area, so yes, it does make a difference.

But, really...to get upset and play little parking lot games with others? Gads. I really thought that the crowd here was a little bit more mature, and above those kind of infantile games. Thankfully, most of you are.

killchain

imported post

Karma goes both ways.

I try to be nice to people. Even the ones I disagree with.

[WARNING, THEOLOGY ALERT]

I figure if Jesus would do it, then I should do it too.

[/theology]

Aaron1124

imported post

killchain wrote:
Karma goes both ways.

I try to be nice to people. Even the ones I disagree with.

[WARNING, THEOLOGY ALERT]

I figure if Jesus would do it, then I should do it too.

[/theology]
+1

There's no good in doing wrong to others. The only justification is immediate physical self defense for yourself, or others in your presence.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Oh come on. It's not like we are running over little kids' puppies in the parking lot!

Can we do that?:D

Just kidding.

I always park far out in the lot. Just easier to maneuver an F250 away from anyone else.

I do laugh when I see the (able-bodied) people who wait for the closest possible parking spot --- when they are going to the gym to exercise.

killchain

imported post

ak56 wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
Oh come on. It's not like we are running over little kids' puppies in the parking lot!

Can we do that?:D

Just kidding.

I always park far out in the lot. Just easier to maneuver an F250 away from anyone else.

I do laugh when I see the (able-bodied) people who wait for the closest possible parking spot --- when they are going to the gym to exercise.
I park in the front at the gym. No lie.

amzbrady

imported post

Tomas wrote:
Seriously, I used to laugh at my business partner for driving the 1/2 mile to the gym and parking in front. There's just something basically wrong with that. ;)
Then after driving there, he got on a stationary bike and pedaled looking out a window huh?

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

Funny, this kinda ties in to the John Stewart episode that was recently aired. Remember the last line? "...and they all have the same body type..."

lol

Always park at the far end of the parking lot (bonus of fewer door-dings)

Always take the stairs

If you must watch T.V., do a few crunches or push-ups during commercials

Oh, and the price of one gun can buy you several years worth of a membership at your local gym

All of this adds up :)

ghosthunter

imported post

Big Dave is right. A minute can be your life. I often reflect on the day a couple years ago when Zamora shot all those folks near Alger. Unknown to me I was rushing to leave work but got held up a couple minutes by a employee.

Rushing to get on the freeway at Cook Road , Zamora in a stolen truck sped past with troopers in pursuit. He had just shot and killed a driver 1/2 mile up the road on the freeway.

If I had been 2 minutes soonerI would have been in his path. He took the exact routeI take home every day.

I have always been easy going. If you are going shoppinganywhere just take a chill pill. or stay home.

Knock-Off Dragunov

imported post

Funny you mention that Alger incident.

I was supposed to be at a house 2 doors down from where that whole thing started at the exact time it happened - luckily I decided to sleep in that day instead of start work at my regular time. Fate

Crashbox

imported post

blowfish852252000 wrote:
well i just got out of hospital as i pulled a muscle in my stomach from having surgery 6 months ago.. as i had my son waiting for the parents first parking as the mall was very busy due to the carnival going on
I wonder if the bully was one of the mental exhibits at the carnival...

Seriously, though, the society today is the very reason I prefer to go armed with SD capability. You never know which nuts are chasing the squirrels!