Thread: Superior Telegram (WI) - AG: By God they're not going to take away our right to carry openly

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/article/id/42692

SNIP

Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen told Republican activists in Milwaukee over the weekend that he would continue to support the right to openly carry firearms.

. . .

“If the liberals don’t want to give us the right to carry concealed firearms as law-abiding citizens, by God they’re not going to take away our right to openly carry firearms,” Van Hollen said.

Post imported post

It is nice to see that we still have support from our AG. I can only hope he keeps his job for years to come. I'll do my part to keep him in office.

McX

Post imported post

A man of his word, and his convictions. it is rare to see an Honorable man these days. Lucky we have him.

Post imported post

I'll cast my vote for him.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

The only thing I don't like is the well give us at least one method. WE need to fight for all methods.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

You folks have an election coming this fall AND there seems to be an anti big government bureaucracy sentiment out there, so:

When you talk to your candidates, ask them these TWO (2) simple questions:

Do you support the people's right to carry?

Do you favor a NEW government bureaucracy to regulate and tax that right?

That's it, the only two questions that matter from a carry standpoint.

If they favor carry, and not the bureaucracy, then they MUST support a direct repeal of 941.23. If they want mandatory training, permits, and the like, then they favor a NEW government bureaucracy to regulate and tax that right.

Ask away, and let us know if you get any answers. I haven't had a lot of luck getting any replies.

McX

Post imported post

i hope jb is running for governor, or can we write him in? the other two are pro concealed, and pro- school zone. so i get, but i don't get.

Post imported post

What's really interesting is Scott Hassett's web site talks about how he stands on the issues zero (0) times but has over a dozen links to articles from right-winged media about JB. Go to JB's site and you can see EXACTLY where he stands, NO SECRETS!

Post imported post

since "pro choice" is soooo important to the liberals then tell them your pro choice. Conceal or Open carry.

Post imported post

Looks like JB is our man. He says what he will do and does what he says. It is hard to find that quality today.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I have a couple of questions about Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen:
    1. What will he do to keep "them" from taking away our right to openly carry firearms or is he just blowing election smoke?
    2. What is his opinion on the recent court decision equating Open Carry with Disorderly Conduct?
    3. Why is he content to stay AG and not pursue the Governorship?

Dave

Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Post imported post

davegran wrote:
    I have a couple of questions about Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen:

1. What will he do to keep "them" from taking away our right to openly carry firearms or is he just blowing election smoke?
    2. What is his opinion on the recent court decision equating Open Carry with Disorderly Conduct?
    3. Why is he content to stay AG and not pursue the Governorship?

Dave
    Iam told thatJB is on our side concerning the second amendment, he believes in shall not be infringed. Short of a suitcase bomb, he is coolwith what we want in a ocand ccw law.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Post imported post

From his website:

Invite JB to your next event!
    Email the event information to: info@vanhollenforag.com.

Have any of our event chairpersons done this yet? What was the response?

Dave

Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Post imported post

I just sent the following email to Attorney General Van Hollen:

"Dear Attorney General Van Hollen,

I belong to the Open Carry movement here in Wisconsin. Our growing membership is actively involved in educating the public about their right to self defense, and in changing restrictive Wisconsin gun laws. We could be of some help to you in the coming election.

I have some questions regarding your position on Wisconsin gun laws and I would like to share your answers with our members on http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/.

1. Referring to a comment you made the weekend of May 22nd to some Republican activists in Milwaukee: “If the liberals don’t want to give us the right to carry concealed firearms as law-abiding citizens, by God they’re not going to take away our right to openly carry firearms,”; what will you do to keep "the liberals" from "taking away our right to openly carry firearms"?
    2. What is your opinion on the recent Wisconsin Federal court decision by Judge Adelman equating Open Carry with Disorderly Conduct? What can be done about it?
    3. Would you support Arizona-style, training optional, no-permit-required Concealed Carry in Wisconsin as the Republican Party has stated in their platform?
    4. Will you pursue the Governorship at some future date as many of us would like to see?
    Thank you very much for your consideration in answering these questions."

I'll share any response or lack of same with the group ASAP.

Dave

Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Centurion

Post imported post

Interesting questions. I will be interested in seeing the answers. It should not be too hard, he did take an oath to uphold both the Federal and Wisconsin Constitutions.

Post imported post

davegran wrote:
    I just sent the following email to Attorney General Van Hollen:

"Dear Attorney General Van Hollen,

I belong to the Open Carry movement here in Wisconsin. Our growing membership is actively involved in educating the public about their right to self defense, and in changing restrictive Wisconsin gun laws. We could be of some help to you in the coming election.

I have some questions regarding your position on Wisconsin gun laws and I would like to share your answers with our members on http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/.

1. Referring to a comment you made the weekend of May 22nd to some Republican activists in Milwaukee: “If the liberals don’t want to give us the right to carry concealed firearms as law-abiding citizens, by God they’re not going to take away our right to openly carry firearms,”; what will you do to keep "the liberals" from "taking away our right to openly carry firearms"?
    2. What is your opinion on the recent Wisconsin Federal court decision by Judge Adelman equating Open Carry with Disorderly Conduct? What can be done about it?
    3. Would you support Arizona-style, training optional, no-permit-required Concealed Carry in Wisconsin as the Republican Party has stated in their platform?
    4. Will you pursue the Governorship at some future date as many of us would like to see?
    Thank you very much for your consideration in answering these questions."

I'll share any response or lack of same with the group ASAP.

Dave
    It's been 5 business days since I tried to contact AG Van Hollen by email through his website and he has chosen not to answer. Anybody else want to try before we conclude that he doesn't feel we are worth his (or a staffer's ) time?

Dave

Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

davegran wrote:
    It's been 5 business days since I tried to contact AG Van Hollen by email through his website and he has chosen not to answer. Anybody else want to try before we conclude that he doesn't feel we are worth his (or a staffer's ) time?

Dave
    I basically asked the same think on his Facebook page. So far no response there either.

Post imported post

I would suggest giving it some more time. Five days turn around is not likely for any question to a government official. Their answers are scripted carefully if tailored.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

§165.25 Duties of department of justice. The department of justice shall:

Post imported post

These government offices receive probably 1000's of messages each day. Most offices will have some auto-generated response to key questions, but some do not. It may take some time for the AG to fish through the pile.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Post imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
    These government offices receive probably 1000's of messages each day. Most offices will have some auto-generated response to key questions, but some do not. It may take some time for the AG to fish through the pile.
    Please understand that this query was sent to his campaign website, not the DOJ.
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

davegran wrote:
    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    These government offices receive probably 1000's of messages each day.* Most offices will have some auto-generated response to key questions, but some do not.* It may take some time for the AG to fish through the pile.
    Please understand that this query was sent to his campaign website, not the DOJ.
    Same here, actually his Facebook page in my case.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/article/id/42692

SNIP

Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen told Republican activists in Milwaukee over the weekend that he would continue to support the right to openly carry firearms.

. . .

“If the liberals don’t want to give us the right to carry concealed firearms as law-abiding citizens, by God they’re not going to take away our right to openly carry firearms,” Van Hollen said.
    People, please... Since when you do support someone who believes that rights come from liberals! As in, 'if the liberals don't want to give us the right...'

I'm just sayin'

Carry on