• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Superior Telegram (WI) - AG: By God they're not going to take away our right to carry openly

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.superiortelegram.com/event/article/id/42692

SNIP

Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen told Republican activists in Milwaukee over the weekend that he would continue to support the right to openly carry firearms.

. . .

“If the liberals don’t want to give us the right to carry concealed firearms as law-abiding citizens, by God they’re not going to take away our right to openly carry firearms,” Van Hollen said.

AaronS

imported post

It is nice to see that we still have support from our AG. I can only hope he keeps his job for years to come. I'll do my part to keep him in office.

M

McX

imported post

A man of his word, and his convictions. it is rare to see an Honorable man these days. Lucky we have him.

Support The 2nd

imported post

You folks have an election coming this fall AND there seems to be an anti big government bureaucracy sentiment out there, so:

When you talk to your candidates, ask them these TWO (2) simple questions:

Do you support the people's right to carry?

Do you favor a NEW government bureaucracy to regulate and tax that right?

That's it, the only two questions that matter from a carry standpoint.

If they favor carry, and not the bureaucracy, then they MUST support a direct repeal of 941.23. If they want mandatory training, permits, and the like, then they favor a NEW government bureaucracy to regulate and tax that right.

Ask away, and let us know if you get any answers. I haven't had a lot of luck getting any replies.

M

McX

imported post

i hope jb is running for governor, or can we write him in? the other two are pro concealed, and pro- school zone. so i get, but i don't get.

Canard

imported post

What's really interesting is Scott Hassett's web site talks about how he stands on the issues zero (0) times but has over a dozen links to articles from right-winged media about JB. Go to JB's site and you can see EXACTLY where he stands, NO SECRETS!

nobama

imported post

since "pro choice" is soooo important to the liberals then tell them your pro choice. Conceal or Open carry.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

I have a couple of questions about Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen:
  1. What will he do to keep "them" from taking away our right to openly carry firearms or is he just blowing election smoke?
  2. What is his opinion on the recent court decision equating Open Carry with Disorderly Conduct?
  3. Why is he content to stay AG and not pursue the Governorship?

Dave

johnny amish

imported post

davegran wrote:
I have a couple of questions about Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen:

1. What will he do to keep "them" from taking away our right to openly carry firearms or is he just blowing election smoke?
  2. What is his opinion on the recent court decision equating Open Carry with Disorderly Conduct?
  3. Why is he content to stay AG and not pursue the Governorship?

Dave
Iam told thatJB is on our side concerning the second amendment, he believes in shall not be infringed. Short of a suitcase bomb, he is coolwith what we want in a ocand ccw law.

davegran

imported post

I just sent the following email to Attorney General Van Hollen:

"Dear Attorney General Van Hollen,

I belong to the Open Carry movement here in Wisconsin. Our growing membership is actively involved in educating the public about their right to self defense, and in changing restrictive Wisconsin gun laws. We could be of some help to you in the coming election.

I have some questions regarding your position on Wisconsin gun laws and I would like to share your answers with our members on http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/.

1. Referring to a comment you made the weekend of May 22nd to some Republican activists in Milwaukee: “If the liberals don’t want to give us the right to carry concealed firearms as law-abiding citizens, by God they’re not going to take away our right to openly carry firearms,”; what will you do to keep "the liberals" from "taking away our right to openly carry firearms"?
  2. What is your opinion on the recent Wisconsin Federal court decision by Judge Adelman equating Open Carry with Disorderly Conduct? What can be done about it?
  3. Would you support Arizona-style, training optional, no-permit-required Concealed Carry in Wisconsin as the Republican Party has stated in their platform?
  4. Will you pursue the Governorship at some future date as many of us would like to see?
Thank you very much for your consideration in answering these questions."

I'll share any response or lack of same with the group ASAP.

Dave

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

Interesting questions. I will be interested in seeing the answers. It should not be too hard, he did take an oath to uphold both the Federal and Wisconsin Constitutions.

davegran

imported post

davegran wrote:
I just sent the following email to Attorney General Van Hollen:

"Dear Attorney General Van Hollen,

I belong to the Open Carry movement here in Wisconsin. Our growing membership is actively involved in educating the public about their right to self defense, and in changing restrictive Wisconsin gun laws. We could be of some help to you in the coming election.

I have some questions regarding your position on Wisconsin gun laws and I would like to share your answers with our members on http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/.

1. Referring to a comment you made the weekend of May 22nd to some Republican activists in Milwaukee: “If the liberals don’t want to give us the right to carry concealed firearms as law-abiding citizens, by God they’re not going to take away our right to openly carry firearms,”; what will you do to keep "the liberals" from "taking away our right to openly carry firearms"?
  2. What is your opinion on the recent Wisconsin Federal court decision by Judge Adelman equating Open Carry with Disorderly Conduct? What can be done about it?
  3. Would you support Arizona-style, training optional, no-permit-required Concealed Carry in Wisconsin as the Republican Party has stated in their platform?
  4. Will you pursue the Governorship at some future date as many of us would like to see?
Thank you very much for your consideration in answering these questions."

I'll share any response or lack of same with the group ASAP.

Dave
It's been 5 business days since I tried to contact AG Van Hollen by email through his website and he has chosen not to answer. Anybody else want to try before we conclude that he doesn't feel we are worth his (or a staffer's ) time?

Dave

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

davegran wrote:
It's been 5 business days since I tried to contact AG Van Hollen by email through his website and he has chosen not to answer. Anybody else want to try before we conclude that he doesn't feel we are worth his (or a staffer's ) time?

Dave

I basically asked the same think on his Facebook page. So far no response there either.

Carryon

imported post

I would suggest giving it some more time. Five days turn around is not likely for any question to a government official. Their answers are scripted carefully if tailored.

bigdaddy1

imported post

These government offices receive probably 1000's of messages each day. Most offices will have some auto-generated response to key questions, but some do not. It may take some time for the AG to fish through the pile.