• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

here from pdx but in vancouver alot

bwboley

Activist Member
imported post

Hello just bought my first pistoland was wondering a few things before i start oc in washington.

Whats the best way to trasport across the state line? and when im in a car i can have it on my side with mag out and no rounds in the chamber?

also anything i should carrie on my person just in cas i get hassled like ie the oc law?

any other good ideals would be helpfull also working on get my permint in orgon so i can oc in my city but dont have time as of yet to find a class and take one.

ps my whole fam is pro guns even my grandpa wholes a retired portland detective loves it when ppl know there rights and ocs!

kparker

imported post

Get an OR permit (it's shall-issue if you're a resident) then you are excepted from any municipility ban on OC.

Get a WA permit, then you are excepted from the prohibition on loaded carry within a vehicle.

Now you may CC/OC to your heart's content while crossing the state line.

bwboley

Activist Member
imported post

I will be getting my permint in or once my back heals and i can sit in a class room for how ever long a class in oregon takes... sucks being rear ended and getting fractured vertebrae but heard u could take the class online?

kparker

imported post

Don't know about online class for OR, but you need your WA permit anyway to carry loaded in a vehicle here (we don't recognize OR permits.) No class or other requirements for the WA permit--just pass the background check--so apply next time you're over.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

No mag in the gun, no round in the chamber while in the car in WA. Once you're out of the car, carry in whatever condition you want, i.e. charged mag in the gun, no round in chamber, charged mag in gun with round in the chamber, or California style (unloaded).

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Just play it cool. It's perfectly legal so there is nothing to worry about. Print up a pamphlet and take it with you.

.45ACPaddy

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
Aryk45XD wrote:
Car carry with the mag out and clear chamber is ok. I always left the slide open.

I believe the free test is at http://www.mdgunsafety.com

The application is at http://www.oregonfirearms.org/pdfs/grantcochlapp.pdf

Gogodawgs and Midiwall posted them in a threat a couple months ago.
So did they say "Take your free test and apply for your permit, or else!" or something to that effect?
The Grant Co. Sheriff suggested this course as meeting the requirement of the class for Oregon. He took my certificate and I received my permit from him. Closer to Vancouver is Washington Co. and from the NWFIREARMS forum it looks like they are also taking mdgunsafety.com as well.

bwboley

Activist Member
imported post

wow so many looks lol but first time oc went 50/50 went into petco off 1st street in vancouver by the walmart and homedepo ask for help to find somthing fo the dogs looked at my side said its good to see someone else who knows the laws and said he open carrys as well said thank u and bought 60 dollor fur brush thingy Very friendly!

Next i go lil down the road to walmart i get stop by the greet said hey i dont think you can have that in here let me ask so as i wait talking to the greeter who didnt know about the oc in wa i let her read the gun laws i printed off finaly about 8-10 mins later a member of managment comes up said sry for the wait are policey is hard to under stand but we feel that we would only like leo to carry in the store.

bwboley

Activist Member

.45ACPaddy

imported post

bwboley wrote:
wow so many looks lol but first time oc went 50/50 went into petco off 1st street in vancouver by the walmart and homedepo ask for help to find somthing fo the dogs looked at my side said its good to see someone else who knows the laws and said he open carrys as well said thank u and bought 60 dollor fur brush thingy Very friendly!

Next i go lil down the road to walmart i get stop by the greet said hey i dont think you can have that in here let me ask so as i wait talking to the greeter who didnt know about the oc in wa i let her read the gun laws i printed off finaly about 8-10 mins later a member of managment comes up said sry for the wait are policey is hard to under stand but we feel that we would only like leo to carry in the store.
Go back and call them on that. Their policy, from my calls to corporate, is to follow state law. I just called 1-800-WALMART and asked. This link has useful contacts as well.

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile;id=53