Thread: Non resident

Post imported post

I sent for a non resident info package.I noticed that Conn requires 10 hours of training. Here in S>C> we are required to get 8 hours. However i have had numerous course amount ing to 20 hours or so of training.Would this suffice if I sent proof or does it have to be one course. Tx guys Frank

Post imported post

I am a SC resident with a CWP and a CT non-res pistol permit. The process was very easy. I submitted directly to the SLFU a notarized copy of my NRA training certificate, my application (also notarized), a money order for the application fee, a color photocopy of the front and back of my SC CWP and DL, and my fingerprint cards. Within a few weeks I received my CT pistol permit in the mail.

If you have any questions call the SLFU directly. They're courteous and professional.

Post imported post

I'm a PA resident with CT non-res. I used a copy of my NRA Basic certificate....that's only an 8 hour class. No problem with it.
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

The law does not require any specific number of hours. You are required to take an approved training class. NRA Basic Pistol meets all of the requirements to obtain a CT Permit to Carry.