• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heard it too many times in too many places

B

Bikenut

imported post

I've heard this vague "there is legislation being talked about" in reference to OC entirely too often and from entirely too many sources:

Local Police Chief... and Council members... from different councils

for there not to be something in the wind.

Logic tells me that LE agencies and city/township/village councils that have been caught with their pants down... and sued... and embarrassed in the media by OC... will retaliate.

Is there a "watchdog" organization in Lansing keeping an eye out for this sort of thing? If so please give info on how they may be contacted.

Sefner

imported post

Just like we've heard from too many places that Obama is going to "get around the Constitution" by signing a "UN Arms Treaty" that allows for the government to take our guns Constitutionally?

Or that the new tax form has a spot to mark for how many guns you own? I know a guy who's brother's wife's father in law has seen it!

Or HB 45, which will force gun registration on every gun owner in America?

I've heard all of those from several places and none of them are true... put your energy towards fighting the good fight and not hunting things that don't exist.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
I've heard this vague "there is legislation being talked about" in reference to OC entirely too often and from entirely too many sources:

Local Police Chief... and Council members... from different councils

for there not to be something in the wind.

Logic tells me that LE agencies and city/township/village councils that have been caught with their pants down... and sued... and embarrassed in the media by OC... will retaliate.

Is there a "watchdog" organization in Lansing keeping an eye out for this sort of thing? If so please give info on how they may be contacted.

I have feelers in the legislator, if it get proposed I will know about it. But I would imagine that lots of people are talking about trying to pass a law, but none proposed to a committee. Lots of wishful thinking on the anti OC people, but it has a long way to go before it would become law.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

I think the fudd's read articles about proposed/current OC bans in California and Connecticut for example and their wishful thinking extends into Michigan.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Sefner wrote:
Just like we've heard from too many places that Obama is going to "get around the Constitution" by signing a "UN Arms Treaty" that allows for the government to take our guns Constitutionally?

Or that the new tax form has a spot to mark for how many guns you own? I know a guy who's brother's wife's father in law has seen it!

I've heard all of those from several places and none of them are true... put your energy towards fighting the good fight and not hunting things that don't exist.
I, and many others, fight the good fight in many different ways ... including OCing on a daily basis. That isn't what I am concerned about.

To dismiss a rumor outright without investigation only leaves one wide open to a nasty surprise when a rumor turns out to have some truth to it.

The old saying "Where there is smoke, there is fire." comes to mind when hearing rumors... and it never hurts to ask if anyone has seen any fires when one smells smoke.

Venator wrote:
I have feelers in the legislator, if it get proposed I will know about it. But I would imagine that lots of people are talking about trying to pass a law, but none proposed to a committee. Lots of wishful thinking on the anti OC people, but it has a long way to go before it would become law.
Thank you Brian. This is exactly the response I was hoping for. Would you be so kind as to keep me, and all of us, current on what is going on? It would be much appreciated.

I, for one, prefer to be able to begin the fight (make calls, write letters, show up in someone's office) right when something starts rather than wait until the war (legislation is proposed for a vote) has already begun.

mikestilly

imported post

Gotta adjust your tin foil hat for this thread. How many years now have there been this talk? Considering no legislation of this nature has yet to even been presented I see it as wishful thinking from the anti's.

DanM

imported post

In politics, relevancy translates to support.

One of the most effective ways to help protect OC from anti-gunners is to make it relevant to gun owners who don't OC at all or even oppose OC initially. One of the best points to make, especially to CC'ers, is that as long as OC is legal, CC'ers are not at legal risk in case they accidentally print or expose their weapon.

Be sure to make this point especially when you run into CC'ers questioning the "need" for OC.

mikestilly

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Gotta adjust your tin foil hat for this thread. How many years now have there been this talk? Considering no legislation of this nature has yet to even been presented I see it as wishful thinking from the anti's.

Better Doug?

B

Bikenut

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Gotta adjust your tin foil hat for this thread. How many years now have there been this talk? I see it as lots of gullible people listening to the sheeple.
Forewarned is forearmed my friend. And it is much easier to keep a train from leaving the station than it is to stop that train once it gets rolling. And make no mistake... once legislation is introduced that train is already rolling.

Dismissing something without looking into it generally has a way of biting ya in the arse when ya aren't looking... because ya dismissed it.

Not saying there is any truth to the rumors I asked about (I asked to find out if there is any truth to it... how else will I know?)... but there is never any harm in investigating what looks like smoke even if it turns out to be only fog. At least then I will know it is only fog and there is no fire to fight.

Tin foil hat? If that were the case then Paul Revere's famous ride would not have happened... but the British would still have shown up on old Paul's door while he ridiculed the lookouts watching for the British to show up for having "tin foil hats".

Think this through Mike.... many LE agencies and many city/township/village councils are a bit pissed off because OC'ers jerked them up short on their own leash. I, for one, have no doubt there has been much talk, and perhaps many meetings, concerning just how there can be a stop put to these upstart rebels carrying guns in plain sight.

And yes, OC'ers are rebels in this day and age of "political correctness" and "social acceptability" and "authoritarian control" because... even though our actions are legal they do not fit the current "norm" and those actions are a threat to keeping the sheep as sheep. Imagine how the wolves feel if the sheep suddenly learn they can have teeth too?

What happens to rebels Mike? Do those in authority welcome them with open arms? Or are there efforts to squash them? Which would you rather have.... a battle that suddenly falls on your head? Or being forewarned there is a battle brewing?

Is there a legislative battle brewing? I don't know... that is why I asked.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

DanM wrote:
In politics, relevancy translates to support.

One of the most effective ways to help protect OC from anti-gunners is to make it relevant to gun owners who don't OC at all or even oppose OC initially. One of the best points to make, especially to CC'ers, is that as long as OC is legal, CC'ers are not at legal risk in case they accidentally print or expose their weapon.

Be sure to make this point especially when you run into CC'ers questioning the "need" for OC.
+1000

Kimberguy

imported post

Sefner wrote:

so his dad saw it? :lol:

B

Bikenut

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
been lots of talk about global warming too, and that's not real ;)
True... but investigation into it proved it to be a hoax... had there been no investigation no one would have known that global warming is nothing more than a stepping stone to the money making power grabbing "Cap and Trade" legislation the .gov wants to shove down our throats.

Sefner

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
Sefner wrote:

so his dad saw it? :lol:
Hahaha oops. Last time I heard that it was actually "My brother knows a guy who has seen it". It's good that we keep up on stuff like this, but I feel that a lot of energy is wasted on these wild goose chases.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Glock9mmOldStyle wrote:
Bikenut is right in my opinion to keep an eye on our law makers. They often do things that make very little sense. An unattended lawmaker is an OUT OF CONTROL lawmaker.

Good on you Bikenut!

Regards - G9mmOS
True! Anti-gun lawmakers have lied to get elected(Obama,"I am pro 2A").Their public records(the stuff the average citizen doesn't know),show what they think of your rights! I wouldn't put anything evil (anti-rights) past them!The msm helps them by keeping the truth out of the public! So anything anti-rights,whether it's a rumor or not, is on their mind and they will try everthing in the dark,like the cockroaches they are!