Thread: Going on a Trip.....Need Help

Post imported post

I am going on a trip to Florida from my home in Kentucky. I have a CC license, and I OC here at home. My question is while in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida can I OC ?
    Can I CC ? I'm not sure of those states laws.

Post imported post

You're good to go for CC at least!

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/packngo/index.php
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

KyDaystar wrote:
    I am going on a trip to Florida from my home in Kentucky. I have a CC license, and I OC here at home. My question is while in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida can I OC ?
    Can I CC ? I'm not sure of those states laws.
    I do know you can keep a loaded handgun in your vehicle in FL, the terminology the state uses to describe where or how to transport is something like "Not immediately accessible"
    What I got from researching that phrase is thatthe loaded handgunmust be kept in a glove box, holster with a strap or retention device, or in a case of some sort.
    It just cannot be sitting on the seat next to you, or on the dashboard. You need to remove it from something before being able to fire.
    And the great part is, no permits or licensing is needed to be able to defend yourself in your vehicle.
    Please check each states laws for yourself to verify what anyone including myself has stated though.

Banned

Post imported post

Remember that, while in Alabama, OC in a car is considered CC. Have your permit on you.

Post imported post

For Georgia, your license is good.
    Just be aware that right now there are a LOT of places off-limits (even with the license).
    Highway rest stops & parking lots thereof - off limits.
    Churches and their parking lots - off limits.
    Bars and places that make more than 50% of their income from booze - off limits.
    Most Government buildings - off limits.
    "Public Gatherings" - such as baseball games, political rallies, and just about anything else you can think of - off limits.

McDonald's - Legal.

That is all about to change as soon as the Governor signs a couple of new laws. Perhaps with the next week or so...
    like they say, "stay tuned".