• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Swartz Creek Hometown Days

Slave

imported post

Any of you from the Creek? In Sunday's paper, the SCT, they have an article about a Christian Cowboy troop.

They backed out of Hometown Days because SC has an ordinance that bans the discharge of a firearm in the city. The article states that it includes blanks.

Is this lawful? I mean, if you OC or CC is SC and you have to defend yourself, and you fire your weapon into a bad guy, can SC actually prosecute you?

I don't understand the state preemption law very well.

This could explain why there are no firing ranges out that way.

Thanks in advance.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

A city can prohibit discharging a firearm. This does not apply in situations of self defense as the castle doctrine covers this.

Slave

imported post

cool. Thanks. My wife works out that way, I would hate for her to have to defend herself and then go to jail because she discharged her firearm.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

almost every city prohibits discharging a firearm, but like above poster, self defense is the exception. you can't go in your back yard Nx fire rounds at your privacy fence, however

fozzy71

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
...... you can't go in your back yard Nx fire rounds at your privacy fence, however

sad_panda-1.jpg