• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

M&P blue gun

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Does anyone have one RIGHT NOW, that they could let me borrow? Full size M&P blue gun...or a red one...I am doing a power point presentation for school tomorrow and I want to be concealing a fullsize training rubber gun to show how concealing really works by showing them at the end...

Actually it could be any fullsize, think along the lines of M&P full size or an XD service model size.

I will drive out 100 miles for one if I have to. (Given that you are not some 1 post troll trying to screw with me).

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

the CPL to 18 thing is also my high school senior project.

A blue gun isn't required for my presentation to be well done, but it would be the awesomezzzzz and impressive.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

The high school might not like that you have anything that's even remotely resembling a firearm. Oops, better ban pencils and pens, they're long and slender, like an old flintlock. However, that would be a real shocker to everyone to see how easy it is.

EDIT: Removed "High school or college?" from the beginning. Poosharker responded while I was writing mine.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

END_THE_FED wrote:
Do you know anyone with an airsoft pistol or pellet pistol? might be easier to find on short notice. just a thought.
I think that might get me in trouble (moving parts and all). I want an obvious bright colored gun so people don't panic.

I suspect I will not find a blue gun, so if you guys want to help a bit, I need some pictures, like a before and after pic, except one is oc and one is cc (same position,angle,etc), showing that even though you can't see it...it's still there! No self protraits or myspace bathroom dirty mirror pics please if anyone does want to help out ;).

amzbrady

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
the CPL to 18 thing is also my high school senior project.

A blue gun isn't required for my presentation to be well done, but it would be the awesomezzzzz and impressive.
Be sure to express that Open Carry is legal and that criminals dont do it. Be sure to include how many of you seniors are getting ready to go to college (hopefully), and how most of the school shootings could have been averted had there not been bans in place disarming the students (age applicable), and staff. I know you dont like lickmypedia but... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting. You should walk in showing how an unlicensed concealed carrier criminalcould be anywhere and have more than you think. Do like this guy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75sWALt2IzI

brianstone1985

imported post

Or better yet... Have someone from this forum meet you there while they are open carrying in the library. and have them sit during the presentation.... Might make a greater impact that they didnt notice someone OCing right in their face....

If I lived on that side of the state I'd help you out.

-Brian

Aryk45XD

imported post

I suggested the utube video of the crossbreed holster. It shows CC tucked and untucked. Sure makes hiding a gun look more than easy.

I wish I could meet you out there. This work thing always ruins my plans. :banghead:

Mainsail

imported post

Call Warehouse Sports or whatever they're calling themselves these days, or Big 5. I have seen some blue guns in places like that to demo the Crimson Trace laser grips. Tell them what you're doing and see if they'll loan you one.

joeroket

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
The presentation isn't going to be in an actual school. It's in a public library.
It is still an authorized school function for you. That is all that matters.

On a side note. How did your presentation go?

killchain

imported post

I did a CC on college campus presentation and wore my bullet proof vest to it.

They weren't amused but I wasn't doing anything wrong.

Got the point across.