• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

M&P blue gun

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I caught a big break, I checked my school email today and it turns out my presentation is on 5/27 not 5/25. Thank goodness I checked right before I was going to leave too...This gives me time to get more materials.

Killchain; I am surprised you didn't get a SWAT team called on you lol.

Anyone near Tukwila around 1PM on thursday, and want to walk around a library until I am done presenting and finally reveal that you were carrying the whole time and no school children were killed?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Poosharker wrote:
I caught a big break, I checked my school email today and it turns out my presentation is on 5/27 not 5/25. Thank goodness I checked right before I was going to leave too...This gives me time to get more materials.

Anyone near Tukwila around 1PM on thursday, and want to walk around a library until I am done presenting and finally reveal that you were carrying the whole time and no school children were killed?
I might poo....

killchain

imported post

Poosharker wrote:

...yeah, me too... haha...

To be fair though, I did wear it under a big sweater and pulled the sweater off as I approached the podium.

joeroket

imported post

Poosharker wrote:

That sounds like a much better idea. They still will more than likely not be thrilled with it but this way you won't have broken any zero tolerance policy.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Why thank you for your blessing, I am hoping gogo has time to be there.

Another thing I need to find out is....I doubt the presentation is going to be in the middle of library, they do have a conference room in the library which I am guessing I will be using (will contact my counselor to make sure)...what I would do, finish the presentation, go out and grab the CCer and bring him back and tell the judges no one got shot???

Knock-Off Dragunov

imported post

If all else fails, cardboard+duct-tape+paint=ANYTHING

Oh, and I did a presentation on mil-sim-paintball in community college - Cleared it with the proff and he let me bring my marker in as long as I didn't fire it, haha. It was a Tippman that looked a hell of a lot like an MP5.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

I'm in.

PM me for contact details.

Should probably stage an 'interruption' or have me as your assistant, or something silly, so I'm right in front of EVERYTHING.... Ya know, just like my company motto.. 'hide in plain sight'

joeroket

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
they do have a conference room in the library which I am guessing I will be using (will contact my counselor to make sure)...what I would do, finish the presentation, go out and grab the CCer and bring him back and tell the judges no one got shot???
Careful about that one. If it is not an area open to the general public you may very well fall afoul of the law.

(1) It is unlawful for a person to carry onto, or to possess on, public or private elementary or secondary school premises, school-provided transportation, or areas of facilities while being used exclusively by public or private schools:

(a) Any firearm;

kparker

imported post

What joeroket said! If the conference room/whatever part of the library you're using is reserved by the school for these presentations (as opposed to you all just congregating in the middle of some publicly accessible area) then you will be falling afoul of the RCW he cited.

Editorial comment: I can't tell you how many different ways I think this particular RCW is stupid, but right now it is the law.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Jesus_facepalm.jpg

I'm leaving for the presentation in 10 minutes. Thanks to gogo and techno for offering help. However, the RCW nazis (just kidding;)) have spoken. There will be no weapons real or fake. Except for my voice :).

And thanks to g22 for providing OC/CC pics for the slideshow!

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Back from the presentation it was a HUGE SUCCESS!!!:celebrate

My presentation should have been only 10 minutes long but me and the two judges were sitting talking til 2 PM into another students appointment since they didn't show up.

They loved my presentation, and at the end I got signatures from both to support my CPL Bill.

One of the judges told me, that even though she was familiar with firearms and believed in them, she wouldn't have given me a signature, but the fact that I had backed up with evidence and was passionate about it, she signed and asked for copies to copy and give to others for signatures!!!!!

I brought three holsters (empty), blackhawk serpa CQC level 2, XD non locking holster, and a leather holster as props. It was wonderful!

At the end I had my picture taken with my strongside (empty holster) showing and the judges even wished I did have my gun but it was against school rules and the law.

WHOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

tyguy808

imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
That's awesome. Great to hear. I think a celebration at the pit is in order. :quirky

As it turns out..... there may be a sequel! Contact me if you were there.

Sorry Poo didn't mean to jack your thread!;)

amzbrady

imported post

Poosharker wrote:

My presentation should have been only 10 minutes long but me and the two judges were sitting talking til 2 PM into another students appointment since they didn't show up.

They loved my presentation, and at the end I got signatures from both to support my CPL Bill.

One of the judges told me, that even though she was familiar with firearms and believed in them, she wouldn't have given me a signature, but the fact that I had backed up with evidence and was passionate about it, she signed and asked for copies to copy and give to others for signatures!!!!!

I brought three holsters (empty), blackhawk serpa CQC level 2, XD non locking holster, and a leather holster as props. It was wonderful!

At the end I had my picture taken with my strongside (empty holster) showing and the judges even wished I did have my gun but it was against school rules and the law.

Good job Poo. just a question. Was this at a school, or a college or a public library?

joeroket

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Poosharker wrote:

Good job Poo. just a question. Was this at a school, or a college or a public library?

Did you read the thread? it was a school function at a public library.

Nice Job Poo. I am glad it was such a success for you.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Thank you, thank you.

Yes, it was a meeting room inside the library. Very informal, I was expecting formal but my judges were very relaxed.

Tyguy, hijack all you want, but use damn english, I don't know what the hell you just put there.

A celebration at the pit does sound REALLY GOOD!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

tyguy808

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Tyguy, hijack all you want, but use damn english, I don't know what the hell you just put there.

Sorry about that, it was Korean, for good job!

Poosharker wrote:
A celebration at the pit does sound REALLY GOOD!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

D'oh! I am on the boat until the 8th of June.:banghead:STUPID JOB!!!!!