• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jefferson County man defends himself and wife in home invasion.

MSteve

imported post

The one with the female shooter is pretty clear cut.

The other could be a little sticky since they all knew eachother. Hopefully it's like the article reads, and a clean shoot. It'd be bad if it turns out the wife let the guy in, and the husband is using the "he forced his way in" defense.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Did he say what the BG was forcing his way into?
Even if the latter wouldn't that just make her libel for the death as an
accomplis, so she would keep her mouth shut if it was the cougar thing.

But if you are going to be involved in a dirty shoot, it is your responsibility to
carry a voice recorder, not the ambushee. So don't turn off recorder at home,
guess I need to rethink how to turn over the recording since you can't turn
it off once the police show up while you are maintaining your right to silence.
Guess I can set up the video camera on tripod to record the playing of the recording
for safety reasons.

If a good shoot then I guess the 'todays 40, is yesterdays dead stiff' mantra is true.
Stopping with a single shot to the trunk, now that's the way a self defense weapon
should work.