• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc with wife

range rat

imported post

Well it finale happen:celebrate:celebrate..[Wal-Mart ] but she still let me know she still wasn't comfortable with it. She told me she would like to see me conceal carry, you know, out of sight out of mind. She told me she was worry about leo showing up.

We had a nice chat when we got home, It gave me a real good in sight on a person feeling on the subject...

I did notice her watching other people to see if they were watching me. If they were, I wasn't paying them no mind. It's now starting to become like a second skin..

M

McX

imported post

it's hard to live in a moderate household when your pro. my wife will stop to see me at the shop, and give me the glance, but say nothing. at home she nevers says anything about gun talk, buying guns, owning guns, but she does prohibit open carry around the house. she never complains when i go to events, even lets me use her dragon wagon. didn't even sqwack when i handed out the starbucks-guns and coffee t-shirts to the kids. just cautioned them about wearing them at school- anti land you know. even surprised me with her views on the milwaukee thing. maybe that's why i love her.:cool:

hardballer

imported post

Laurra backs me up 100% on this. She is fully aware of what lies beyond our threshold.

No illusions to be had. If she were healthier, she would carry as well. For now she is content to be protected by me. I can say with complete confidence that even with the handicap of ill health, she would give her last breath to defend us. We are together in that.

Reality is a tough nut to crack for some. Women desire security and don't want their hubby, breadwinner, to be arrested. It brings insecurity into their safe, tidy world.

The sad truth is that the safe part is a complete illusion. You may never have the need to act in self defense but we are in a world that more and more is degenerating into a cesspool. BGs are out there and if the economy goes real bad, they will be running in packs.

Big cities are more dangerous today than ever and it is spilling into smaller communities as well. Fueled by drugs, alcohol and gangs. Not to mention just plain vanilla wackos too.

If you are just listening to the lame stream media, you will be lead to the slaughter. The government is doing everything it can to prevent a panic concerning the economy and the bought and paid for media is complicit and compliant.

When bad things start happening with more frequency and closer to home, minds will change. Believe me, they will be all for you carrying in public. Heck, they may even inquire as to why you haven't purchased them a gun too.

JMHO

Find no bull, just solid info and links to reality here. Several conservative women's sites devoted to self-defense.
THE RIGHT SITE

Edit: I removed a couple of words I thought were derogatory. After re-reading, I realized it sounded like a slam and I did not mean it that way in the least. To be fearful of OC is natural and understandable. Patience pays off. I hope no one was offended if so, mea culpa, mea culpa, meis amicis.

AdamXD

imported post

I wish I was as lucky with my girlfriend. She grew up in a very safe environment and never heard stories around her hometown of BGs hurting people and whatnot. To her, there's no point to carry a gun. I come from a very different town. Southern AZ is a huge crime area with rampant drug problem (at least 2 news reports a week about massive drug busts) and a serious illegal immigrant problem so I OC'd everywhere I was allowed. Now that I live here in Milwaukee I see how different some neighborhoods can be, even on the same street. I was honestly worried on my errands today and I wish I had my gun with me. I think I was around 27th and North where there was a large group of people hanging out in the middle of a neighborhood street. A few people were running around and one guy had a rather realistic looking squirt gun. Even that didn't phase her.

My girlfriend's main concern is me getting harassed/arrested by cops and people looking at me like I'm a criminal. It baffles me still, she has been cornered by a group of "gang-bangers" in the past.

It seems I have a lot of edjumacatin' to do...

hardballer

imported post

AdamXD wrote:
My girlfriend's main concern is me getting harassed/arrested by cops and people looking at me like I'm a criminal. It baffles me still, she has been cornered by a group of "gang-bangers" in the past. It seems I have a lot of edjumacatin' to do...

Check out one of the several women's sites online. I have several links listed on my blog THE RIGHT SITE. There are plenty of Right thinking women and a good portion of them like to carry guns. There are many others. Plenty of info.

AdamXD

imported post

I guess I made a little progress this morning. My girlfriend and I somehow got on the topic of guns and I ran with it and steered it to why I carry a gun.

I told her that I love her and I would do anything to protect her from physical and mental harm. One of the reason I don't like carrying here in Milwaukee is because of the GFSZ's that cover over half the city. I then asked her this, "What do you think 'Gun Free Zone' means?" I didn't let her answer and continued to say, "It means that law abiding, do-good citizens are stripped of one of the most effect (IMHO) crime deterrents and self defense tools a person can have. Do you think criminals who are hell bend on getting what they want are going to read the sign and leave their gun there?" She didn't say anything for a while so I didn't press it, but I think I'm showing her how valuable of a tool a handgun can be.

Next step: get her to a gun range. I'm hoping that a gun range around town carries some aftermarket parts for my XD .40 so I'll have an excuse to go somewhere that exposes her to law-abiding gun carriers without forcing her to shoot a few rounds down the range. Anyone know of a range/store that sells trigger kits for SA XD40s?

johnny amish

imported post

A lot of guys at work thought I was paranoid for oc so I started to cut out articles of the paper to remind them of all the crime that goes on around us everyday that we are use to hearing about. It has taken some time but they are starting to see that I have valid concerns.

Jason in WI

imported post

AdamXD wrote:
-------so I'll have an excuse to go somewhere that exposes her to law-abiding gun carriers without forcing her to shoot a few rounds down the range.?
You just missed our little get together in Kenosha. That would have definitely been the perfect place to expose her to law-abiding gun carriers. Our conversations weren't full of boring technical gun talk or even carrying issues, just a bunch of laid-back guys and gals shooting the breeze, having some laughs and enjoying a beautiful afternoon. If you didn't look at our belts you would never had know we were armed. When the next one comes around in a month or so you should see if you can make it.

Oh and while I can't speak for everyone at the meet, if you guys do attend, I definitely wouldn't force your girlfriend to send any lead downrange; in fact I'd discourage it as Starbucks probably wouldn't serve us anymore coffee after that :lol:

AdamXD

imported post

Jason in WI wrote:
You just missed our little get together in Kenosha.
I saw the meet topic on here. I came in on the 18th and it was on the 16th if I recall correctly. I wish I could have gone, it would have been a nice way to meet like minded people and learn some of the hidden gems about Milwaukee that I wouldn't learn otherwise. Hopefully I will be available to attend on the next one.

OCglock1988

imported post

my girlfriend has issues with me carrying around her apartment in the riverwest neighborhood but I do it anyway.(the place got robbed awhile back)She even called it embarasing and made me put a hoodie over it when her friends came over. LOL. She has even said "its like you think your john wayne or something":D:D

AdamXD

imported post

I agree 100% johnny. What most people seem to think is that crime stops when a nice neighborhood starts. They feel "safe" with their white picket fence and quiet friendly neighbors that are kept separate with a tall hedge. After purchasing my first gun my eyes were opened to how little criminals will care what kind of person you are, how many kids you have, or what class you are. Sure, you may be more at risk if you are on the higher end of the class spectrum to certain kinds of criminals; ie burglars and thieves as opposed to drug addicts craving for another fix.

Take a look at Dennis Rader, or more commonly known as the B.T.K. serial killer. He was an outstanding member of his community. He served as an official in his local Lutheran church, was a member of both his local Board of Zoning Appeals and Animal Control and was even a Cub Scout leader. To me that's quite the involved person and possibly even a model "American", yet he was one of the most savage and ruthless serial killers of the 20th century. Possibly even the 21st century since BTK was already preparing to kill an 11th victim as late as October 2004.

Criminals are everywhere, there's no way around it.

In my eyes a BG is a BG. I keep to myself and I try my hardest to treat people with kindness and respect and if a BG gets it in their head that taking what they want from me is the only means of sating whatever drives the BG, giving them what little I have and asking them nicely to stop isn't going to work. On the other hand, the barrel of a .40 pointed at their face will make them reconsider a lot of things. If not... there's going to be one less criminal in this world and IMHO if I don't take action, I will certainly not be the BG's last victim.

hardballer

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
johnny amish wrote:
evil is lurking everywhere.
People are lurking every where.  Evil is where you find it.  Even here.

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.
Actually, evil is lurking everywhere. It just may not have the cojones to show itself in your area yet. Lets hope never.

It has personally intervened in my live in various forms, several times over the years. Didn't like it one bit.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Well then maybe my witty retort to "How's it goin'? How's life treating you?" is more accurate than even I know. I like to respond "Fine, just as I deserve! But maybe no one has caught up with me to tell me otherwise."

I see stupidity, ignorance, thoughtlessness and selfishness much more than evil. Even the evil of the Commander in Chief is more like a distant storm cloud, warning me of what may come, than an evil presence in my daily life. The Obamanation is anathema to America and freedom.