• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More scrutiny needed'. Journal Sentinel Editorial Opinion

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion/94772959.html?commentSubmitted=y&refresh=7383#comments
If a felon may properly be disbarred his rights under color of law then we can all be legally disarmed merely by sufficiently lowering the bar of felony as has been done in allegations of domestic violence and stressed veterans. The First Amendment bar has been similarly lowered at the Journal Sentinel.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. The Obamanation is anathema to America and freedom.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good comment Doug! I remember when Clinton got the ball rolling for "Domestic Violence". He passed the law in a fashion so it could not be called "Ex Post Facto" and it affected anyone that had already been convicted of "said crimes". With that said, with the stroke of a pen literally millions of Americans became "felons" in the sense of the term since they could no longer own or possess firearms. We had several people on the submarine I was on that all of a sudden could not work any security involving a firearm. Imagine one of your duties during security alerts or missile launches is the guy with the shotgun or M-14 in the missile house and now you cannot do your job because of some past transgression that all of a sudden removes your rights.

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I thought that it was illegal for felons to possess or shoot firearms already. Why aren't they following the law?:shock: Oh, wait, the law only affects the law abiding.:banghead:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

pvtschultz wrote:
I thought that it was illegal for felons to possess or shoot firearms already. Why aren't they following the law?:shock: Oh, wait, the law only affects the law abiding.:banghead:
Exactly! Keep in mind the government has passed more laws in the last decade or two to restrict or remove 2nd Amendment rights from entire groups of people. The "Domestic Violence" law did so as did the "Veteran's Disarmament Act". What's next? Possibly the "Terrorist Watch List" with the A.G. having complete discretion to remove firearm rights from people on the list.