Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planning OC BBQ

Post imported post

I've been wanting to have a BBQ for some time now and it struck me why not make it an OC occasion more than likely in the Oxford / Anniston Alabama area

Post imported post

Great idea. Do you mean on your property? or in a public place like a park? Either way is ok with me, but we've all been through these ideas before and one is just way easier than the other.

That's your starting point.
    A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
    But have his weapons to hand:
    He knows not when he may need a spear,
    Or what menace meet on the road.

- Odin
    The Havamal

Post imported post

Was thinking at a park I've been making calls to see where would be OK. .on another note some friends and I are doing a OC trash pick up tomorrow afternoon through oxford

Post imported post

Alright, if you know your stuff, the trash pickup sounds great!

As for the BBQ, we've all been through this so many times, please don't ask ANYONE for permission to have it in a public place. The answer is always NO, I know this from personal experience.

If you are going to do it,just pick a date and time and we'll show up. The most notice anyone besides us needs is calling the local news to see if they want to come check it out and POSSIBLY a short call to the local PD to LET THEM KNOW what we are doing in the park.

NEVER ASK.

Also, you must be very careful to paint this as a non-demonstration, since firearms are prohibited at any public demonstration in Alabama. The reason you must paint it as such, is that these meetups can be CONSTRUED to be many things, and the police like to try and say it is going to be a demonstration.

Allow me to refer you to my old Dreamland BBQ meetup thread.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum59/36889.html

Best of luck, and I'll probably be there OC'ing!

A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
    But have his weapons to hand:
    He knows not when he may need a spear,
    Or what menace meet on the road.

- Odin
    The Havamal

Post imported post

Thanks well of corse it won't be a demonstration and I do hope people do come ill need to know when would be a good time for everyone I'm scouting places that would suit a bbq

Banned

Post imported post

I'd love to OC and chow down with a bunch of other armed people.

Post imported post

All are welcome (armed or unarmed ) thinking maybe in July, and help with food is great IE chips drinks cups buns etc.

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama

Post imported post

YEAH! BBQ!!

Banned

Post imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
    YEAH! BBQ!!
    You got a license for that thing, Bub?

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    Hollowpoint38 wrote:
    YEAH! BBQ!!
    You got a license for that thing, Bub?
    He only needs one if he plans to conceal it:celebrate

Post imported post

still haven't found a suitable spot for the event but I'm scouting everyday ,I looked over oxford lake thinking maybe but I'm going to request a copy of policies from the civic center and read em over , last time I checked it was public property

Side not I've had a couple of OC trash pick ups in oxford and anniston next I'm wanting to walk bham OC trash pick up anyone in for that?

Post imported post

I've been wondering why we haven't done a trash pickup around here. Anything that automatically throws a positive light on us and our cause sounds good to me.

Somebody yesterday [jokingly] suggested raising money for the police. It is hard to be mad at people who are trying to help you out.

Post imported post

Deacon Blues wrote:
    Somebody yesterday [jokingly] suggested raising money for the police. It is hard to be mad at people who are trying to help you out.
    That is funny!! But a great idea. Maybe we should collect money and make donations to some critical state reps also. I say, we find the busiest corner in Montgomery or B'ham and take up a collection plate on the corners.

Post imported post

When would anyone like to meet up in bham for a trash pick up starting/meeting point Starbucks? I'm off weekends if Saturday and Sundays are preferred

Post imported post

I'd be interested. Saturday is my preferred day, although weekdays are a possibility; hard to say without a date. Sundays are always a big question mark.

Maybe you should give this idea its own thread.

Post imported post

I would say July 3 and 4 for a morning trash pick up LOL cleaning up and celibate freedoms and rights. ....any objections?

Banned

Post imported post

July 4th is the gun show. ALOC will be running a booth at the show.

Post imported post

Gun show? Where in Birmingham? Hmmm why was I not informed via mailbox yet lol

Banned

Post imported post

Dothan, I believe.

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    Dothan, I believe.
    Ah crap too far LOL oh well

Post imported post

solidsnake.45 wrote:
    Gun show? Where in Birmingham? Hmmm why was I not informed via mailbox yet lol
    Have u joined Alabama Open Carry's Mailing list or Forum? That'll keep u up to date!

http://www.alabamaopencarry.com

Post imported post

July 24 and 25th ill be at bham starbucks around 1000Am open carring ill start from there and work my way around picking up trash ...I've had to clear things with my job so I wouldn't be on call those days and they took their time to respond to my request for off time ..

As for the bbq I'm hoping for the last day of july at oxford lake but again my job is keeping me from making that a solid date

Had a local trash pick up today down hwy 78 in Oxford with myself and two others all open carry went great cleaned a lot of the side of the road and at least 4 people stopped and asked about our weapons , no bad encounters only got grateful response from people

It wasn't until later in the evening when I needed cash from a ATM the scariest event occored of my life , I was the passanger in there car I swapped from my OC 1911 TO CC walther PK380 (just got a new X5L green laser/light and wanted to carry it) anyways the driver stopped short of the ATM and I got out to walk up to it, I took out my X amount of cash and I saw a young 15-20 year old black male in a speeded walk in my direction and the brass knuckles in place over a cloth gray glove, I hear in slang YO PUT MO-NEY UP PUT THA MO-NEY UP ILL KNOCK THA FU*K
    PUT IT UP. he got stopped mid word with the green dot on his chest and and turned to run I'm looking around everywhere in case he wasn't alone driver is already reporting to police she was so scared we went to a safer location

So tonight even though I wasn't OC because the driver is uncomfortable with me doing it I CC for her I feel being armed saved us from being harmed and our lives and Monday she and I are going to pick out her first gun and holster OC BTW she is singing up for any and all gun safty classes including sitting in the class ill have to take for my job, if this story should have its own thread someone please move it to one I'm still a lil shaken and need to lay down and try to sleep, BEING ARMED SAVED OUR LIFE

@solidsnake45:

Good job. Hate that he got away... would have been nice to have had him kiss the asphalt and wait for the police. One less thug on the street. Glad you showed restraint and nobody had to die though.

Yeah, I don't know if I should say this but afterwards we were laying out in the backyard under there stars and she made a joking comment
    "hey did you see his shirt?
    Yeah it was black oversized and with a lot of pictures on it. .
    No no where your thingy (laser) was pointed ..
    No why?
    Well he had a Obama shirt on! !!!

Ah crap really I didn't notice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast