• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Planning OC BBQ

B1911

imported post

I've been wanting to have a BBQ for some time now and it struck me why not make it an OC occasion more than likely in the Oxford / Anniston Alabama area

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Great idea. Do you mean on your property? or in a public place like a park? Either way is ok with me, but we've all been through these ideas before and one is just way easier than the other.

That's your starting point.

B1911

imported post

Was thinking at a park I've been making calls to see where would be OK. .on another note some friends and I are doing a OC trash pick up tomorrow afternoon through oxford

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Alright, if you know your stuff, the trash pickup sounds great!

As for the BBQ, we've all been through this so many times, please don't ask ANYONE for permission to have it in a public place. The answer is always NO, I know this from personal experience.

If you are going to do it,just pick a date and time and we'll show up. The most notice anyone besides us needs is calling the local news to see if they want to come check it out and POSSIBLY a short call to the local PD to LET THEM KNOW what we are doing in the park.

NEVER ASK.

Also, you must be very careful to paint this as a non-demonstration, since firearms are prohibited at any public demonstration in Alabama. The reason you must paint it as such, is that these meetups can be CONSTRUED to be many things, and the police like to try and say it is going to be a demonstration.

Allow me to refer you to my old Dreamland BBQ meetup thread.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum59/36889.html

Best of luck, and I'll probably be there OC'ing!

B1911

imported post

Thanks well of corse it won't be a demonstration and I do hope people do come ill need to know when would be a good time for everyone I'm scouting places that would suit a bbq

B1911

imported post

All are welcome (armed or unarmed ) thinking maybe in July, and help with food is great IE chips drinks cups buns etc.

B1911

imported post

still haven't found a suitable spot for the event but I'm scouting everyday ,I looked over oxford lake thinking maybe but I'm going to request a copy of policies from the civic center and read em over , last time I checked it was public property

Side not I've had a couple of OC trash pick ups in oxford and anniston next I'm wanting to walk bham OC trash pick up anyone in for that?

Deacon Blues

imported post

I've been wondering why we haven't done a trash pickup around here. Anything that automatically throws a positive light on us and our cause sounds good to me.

Somebody yesterday [jokingly] suggested raising money for the police. It is hard to be mad at people who are trying to help you out.

cowboy67

imported post

Deacon Blues wrote:
Somebody yesterday [jokingly] suggested raising money for the police. It is hard to be mad at people who are trying to help you out.
That is funny!! But a great idea. Maybe we should collect money and make donations to some critical state reps also. I say, we find the busiest corner in Montgomery or B'ham and take up a collection plate on the corners.

B1911

imported post

When would anyone like to meet up in bham for a trash pick up starting/meeting point Starbucks? I'm off weekends if Saturday and Sundays are preferred

Deacon Blues

imported post

I'd be interested. Saturday is my preferred day, although weekdays are a possibility; hard to say without a date. Sundays are always a big question mark.

Maybe you should give this idea its own thread.

B1911

imported post

I would say July 3 and 4 for a morning trash pick up LOL cleaning up and celibate freedoms and rights. ....any objections?

B1911

imported post

Gun show? Where in Birmingham? Hmmm why was I not informed via mailbox yet lol