• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

November 2010 Wisconsin State Election / Candidate Guide

JonathanHaus

imported post

Hello,

This is Jonathan Haus, the Libertarian candidate for the 27th district. Was the email, I received today, from you? If not, what questions can I answer for you?

JonathanHaus

imported post

Hello,

This is Jonathan Haus, the Libertarian candidate for the 27th district. Was the email, I received today, from you? If not, what questions can I answer for you?

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Jonathan, thank-you so much for stopping in! Great to see a fellow libertarian on the ballot!

I can only speak for myself and our organization, other forum members may have different questions, but the questions I have are as follows:

1) Vermont and Alaska have had laws that allow conceal carry without a permit for years. Recently Arizona did away with their permit requirement and became the 3rd state that allows CC without a permit. Would you be willing to introduce and/or support removing Wisconsin's prohibition on conceal carry so that anyone who was not a convicted felon could carry in the manner of their choosing without a permit?

JonathanHaus

imported post

I do support all measures to lift any restrictions on the possession of firearms, concealed or openly carried. I do support the measure that has been passed in HI, VT, and now in AZ.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

JonathanHaus wrote:
I do support all measures to lift any restrictions on the possession of firearms, concealed or openly carried. I do support the measure that has been passed in HI, VT, and now in AZ.

I might have to move to your district!

CUOfficer

imported post

94th Assembly District Covers Much of La Crosse County and some on Monroe County.

http://www.legis.state.wi.us//Assembly/asm94/Adist94.pdf

Republican Mike Huebsh is running for re-election.
Huebsch supported the County Resolutions on OC BEFORE the AG Memo. Huebsch attended the OC picnic in West Salem and was the recipient of a 1/2 off coupon for a carry training course.

Democrat Cheryl Hancock just announced she is running against Huebsch again. She lost to him in 2008. Hancock has some interesting statements on her record regarding free speech and minors rights.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

JonathanHaus wrote:
Now that is an up front answer. Why can't all of the candidates answer this way?

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
JonathanHaus wrote:
Now that is an up front answer. Why can't all of the candidates answer this way?

because the mainstream REP and DEM are all crooks. this is why we NEED indy's in the offices but when the time to pull the trigger everyone seems to balk and goes mainstream, yet they complain that nothing has changed. if he were in my district i would be lobbying to all friends and ask them to nrtwork that he is a great cantidate

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

BerettaFS92Custom wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
JonathanHaus wrote:

because the mainstream REP and DEM are all crooks. this is why we NEED indy's in the offices but when the time to pull the trigger everyone seems to balk and goes mainstream, yet they complain that nothing has changed. if he were in my district i would be lobbying to all friends and ask them to nrtwork that he is a great cantidate
I agree and I still think Ray Stevens says it best:

http://www.raystevens.com/whatsnew.php?title=ray_stevens_releases_new_video_throw_the&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

comp45acp

imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
Anyone have any info on Steve Nass or Neal Kedzie? Kedzie seems to be pro-gun at least. Nass doesn't seem to answer my emails.

Both of these men represent me and they are both very pro-2nd Amendment and pro-carry.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

JonathanHaus wrote:
It would be interesting to know if this is the consensus among the legislators since the election is coming up and if they would participate in a "emergency session" (if you want to call it that) in order to pass such a measure here in Wisconsin before election time in an effort to save their jobs.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

Here is the response from Kedzie:

June 1, 2010

Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking time to contact me regarding Wisconsin’s conceal and carry prohibition law, and gun-free school zones.

As you may know, I am a strong supporter of an individual’s 2nd Amendment rights, and have a legislative records which reflects that support, including my vote in favor of allowing citizens to carry a concealed firearm under certain circumstances through a permitting system. In addition, I have also opposed and spoken out against various measures which, in my opinion, would infringe on the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. As a gun owner myself, I understand and appreciate this right and am proud of my record in this regard.

In regards to gun-free school zones, Wisconsin law prohibits the possession or shooting of a firearm within a school zone. It defines a school zone as in the school building, the school grounds, and the area within 1000 feet of the school grounds. The law does provides a number of exceptions, including possessing a firearm on private property, using a firearm for a school program such as hunter safety education, or carrying a firearm while crossing a school zone to get to lands open to hunting. If a concealed carry law were enacted in Wisconsin, I believe a person who obtains a conceal and carry permit should be allowed to do so, unless prohibited on actual school grounds. If an concealed carry permit holder happens to own a home within such a zone, they should be rights afforded the same rights of those who do not live within close proximity to a school. But the actual school ground prohibition should still apply, as it was in the most recent legislative effort to allowed for conceal and carry.

Again, thank you for writing and please do so on any other matters before the Wisconsin State Legislature.

Sincerely,

Neal Kedzie

State Senator

11th Senate District

NJK: dj

So... He is for keeping GFSZ unless you have a CC permit and he wants permits for CC.

I responded the following:

So, you do not support the platform supported by the state Republican Party? They support a non-permitted CC. Please look at the following for the platform just agreed to this year.

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/The2ndAmendment_in_thePoliticalArena.pdf

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I am a strong supporter of an individual’s 2nd Amendment rights

this statement coming from a politician has now come to mean absolutely nothing...

nothing that is other than to demonstrate that too many politicians have either NO idea what the 2nd amendment really entails and/or they think just 'saying' they support the 2nd amendment cuts them a free pass.

It would be honest for a politician to say that they aren't sure getting non-permitted carry is a political reality. But if they don't even support the concept... Thats a problem.