• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Blood Drive

zekester

imported post

What do you say we take this to the next level and have an event which really brings attention to the OC..?

Utah did a blood drive...

I think this would good for us too?...

What do you think?

Maybe we can have a drawing, that anyone that gives blood could get a FREE, CCW class....that is if we can find one our many pro gun Instructors to do this......

We can have the press there, hell...maybe we can even get the LEO to give blood here in St Charles....

Z

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

IMO we just don't have the Numbers yet to be impressive. I would like for us to appear as a full fledged movement. I think a sparsely attended event would make us look like we were a fringe group. but I support any activity that you wish to give a try.
Doc

zekester

imported post

I am going to check in on it.....Contact the Red Cross....talk to a few places to see if they will host it....and the general stuff...

How far will the OC'ers drive to make this.....like DOC says....it will have to be pretty large to make a statement, but then again....it would put us in a good light due to the Blood Drive aspsect...

Z

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

zekester wrote:
I am going to check in on it.....Contact the Red Cross....talk to a few places to see if they will host it....and the general stuff...

How far will the OC'ers drive to make this.....like DOC says....it will have to be pretty large to make a statement, but then again....it would put us in a good light due to the Blood Drive aspsect...

Z
Zekester,

While I applaud your efforts as trying to organize an effort to help others while furthering the cause, you're not going to find the Red Cross receptive to an open carry event.

The Red Cross is anti-gun 100%

http://www.icrc.org/Web/Eng/siteeng0.nsf/iwpList74/9A053209018FB19DC1256B66005F1BD2

http://www.icrc.org/Web/Eng/siteeng0.nsf/iwpList74/9A69F1F1B9D1AC56C1256D5F004321CA

Note that is the international red cross which is loosely affiliated with the American red cross. While they take no official position, much of what they do put out in a neutral manner would be classified as anti-

I honestly can not speak to signage on the centers though, I have never really paid attention.

zekester

imported post

All I can do is ask.....and I think are are other avenues to follow anyway.

This is just in the planning stages, I will let you all know.

Z