• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coming to AZ from Cali OC ok?

azcdlfred

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
I fully admit that the chances of that happening are miniscule, but it is a false state to say the Federal law does not apply. A more correct statement would be that the state of Arizona does not enforce the law - but that doesn't keep the Federal government from enforcing the law in Arizona.
Consdier this. Under a Republican governor a bill was passed to enforce federal immigration law. Under a Democrat governor maybe a bill will be passed to enforce the federal gun-free school zones? Without a permit, you are breaking federal law if you are within 1,000 feet of a school zone. Alan Korwin posted some mapson his website. It's almost impossible to not break the law. Having a permit is good insurance in that regard.

Fred

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Flapped holsters. I use 'em. The Makarov seems to have no other choice 'cept a 'bucket'. The 1911 goes in one mostly when I'm on horseback, but other times as well. The Federal 1,000' 'rule'.... good luck with that. I see the paranoia runs deep elsewhere. SB1070 has caused us to be labeled a Police State by those who really do live in 'Police States'.... 'n those who shouldn't be 'here' anyway.The 1,000 school zone nonsense is a moot non-issue point reserved for out-of-state hysterics.

azcdlfred

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Flapped holsters. I use 'em. The Makarov seems to have no other choice 'cept a 'bucket'. The 1911 goes in one mostly when I'm on horseback, but other times as well.
Never been a fan of things, like a flap,that get in the way of arapid and smooth presentation. Don't ride horses but have owned and ridden motorcycles. Even then, I wore my usual Blade-tech, outside the waist band, straight drop, kydex belt holster with no retention beyond the pressure applied by the "retention" screws. But, I can imagine a horse ride in the desert kicking up more dust that a highway motorcycle ride. But, Iwear a Glock, so it doesn't matter.

:cool:

Fred

Sonora Rebel

imported post

A one hand sweep will open the flap and allow the 'present'. Unless you practice quick-draw McGraw style... People in all armies have fought wars with these types of holsters.