• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ky Visit

brent1865

imported post

Hello Kentucky, i am new to this site and to OC. Had my first OC experience last week, if you want to read its on the Louisiana Board. Anyway i was born and raised in Kentucky and after 29 years moved away. I visit alot to the Northern Ky/Cincinnati area and want to see what if anything you all know would be different for out of state visitors. Family is all still there but i sold my last parcel or property so i have no legal ties to the state. Any words of wisdom about OC'ing in KY in general or more specificly about the Northern Kentucky area would be helpful. Thanks so much.

Unfettered Might

imported post

brent1865 wrote:
Family is all still there but i sold my last parcel or property so i have no legal ties to the state. Any words of wisdom about OC'ing in KY in general or more specificly about the Northern Kentucky area would be helpful. Thanks so much.
It wouldn't have mattered if you lived in California, anyone who can legally possess a firearm can OC here.

brent1865

imported post

I figured as much, and after posting i did alot of reading on your board and found out that the laws in Ky are even better than here in La. I lived in Campbell county for 29 years and don't remember seeing anyone OC. But than again the sight of a weapon properly holstered wouldn't have bothered me in the least since the first day dad taught me firearm awareness and safety.

Unfettered Might

imported post

brent1865 wrote:
I figured as much, and after posting i did alot of reading on your board and found out that the laws in Ky are even better than here in La. I lived in Campbell county for 29 years and don't remember seeing anyone OC. But than again the sight of a weapon properly holstered wouldn't have bothered me in the least since the first day dad taught me firearm awareness and safety.
The funny thing is the misconception that it hasn't always been legal.