• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriffs Election

CowboyKen

imported post

Is there any information on Dan Barry's position on open carry? Registration?Concealed carry permit issuance, etc.?

Ken

Vegassteve

imported post

Here ya go a email I had with him. It reads from the bottom up.

Flag this message

RE: Questions on your running for office.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:46 PM

"Dan Barry" <danbarry@cox.net>Add sender to Contacts
To:
"xxxxxx@yahoo.com>

Thks for the kind words. I would be glad to have them posted, I’m also willing to meet with any group to discuss our campaign. – Thks Dan

Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 11:55 PM
To: Dan Barry
Subject: Re: Questions on your running for office.

Thank you so much for getting back to me so fast. Those are great answers that I am happy to hear. I wonder if it would be ok to post your response on our local gun forum Nevadashooters .com and also Opencarry.org in the nevada section. I know Laurie Bisch(spelling) has done so on both forums, and I know fellow locals would like to hear from you as well

To: xxxxxxx@yahoo.com>
Sent: Mon, April 12, 2010 6:34:02 PM
Subject: RE: Questions on your running for office.
Mrxxxxx – Thks for your question. I am a strong supporter of the 2[suP]nd[/suP] Amendment, and there is nothing illegal with open carry. We need to ensure that officers are trained to treat people with respect and courtesy, at all times.

As far as the registration process (blue cards), I want to examine that entire process to see if it should be done away with. My cell is 812-0015, call me and I’d be happy to discuss it in greater detail. – Thks and God Bless, Dan

Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 12:21 PM
To: Dan@BarryForSheriff.com
Subject: Questions on your running for office.

Will you remove the blue card?

How will you instruct your officers to treat folks like me who are lawful open carriers of firearms?

Thanks

The Big Guy

imported post

His answers seem a bit weak to me. He says he is a strong supporter of #2, but he states he needs to "examine" the blue card issue. Being strong on the 2nd amendment I would think that would be clear to him. He stated that OC was legal, but did not say he supported it. Not bad answers, but not exciting either.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
It doesn't matter what his opinion is, Nevada's Preemption applies. Agreement is not a requisite of compliance.
It DOES matter.

I don't want compliance with the OC law, I want AGREEMENT. That will percolate down through the office and affect the way deputies view us.

A deputy whose Sheriff grudgingly complies will feel encouraged to find other stuff to throw at an OC. A deputy whose Sheriff sees OC as the Good Guys won't look too hard for something.