• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waukesha/Milwaukee Area - You are in luck!

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I'm sad to say that I've learned that my friend Freddie Harris, who has been running the "Civilian Combat League" at Deerfield Pistol, is leaving to take a job at Fletcher Arms next month. I understand that he will be setting up a combat league at Fletchers similar to the one he has been running the past years at Deerfield Pistol.

Our loss is your gain.

This ought to give many of you an opportunity to do things you cannot normally do on the range, such as shooting from cover, while moving forward, backward or laterally, multiple targets, shooting in low light (with or without a flashlight), shooting while on your back, etc.

Additionally it includes drills for clearing malfunctions, gun retention techniques, one-hand shooting both strong and weak sides and a lot more. Plus you'll be constantly evaluating your gun and gear assure you are carrying reliable stuff.

Don't expect everything at once, he starts with basics and slowly works up to more advanced techniques. As he gets to know your abilities and safety habits, he may eventually initiate an advanced league also.

Freddie says it's possible leagues could begin as early as July. I suppose it's best to monitor Fletchers for details as they emerge.

Whether you've been shooting for a short time or long time, trust me, this will only enhance your shooting proficiency and related skills.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

OCglock1988 wrote:
so is this going to be kind of like an IDPA class? I've been wanting to try the IDPA at Fletchers but Im kind of intimidated to check it out.
Might I suggest that an easy way to check out IDPA is to observe a match without participating. That way you can concentrate on what's happening and how people handle themselves and their weapons without the pressure of trying to compete.

Dave