• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT- Big Game Draws

zach

imported post

Anyone else out there been checking their draws?????

I drew both of my Deer and Elk tags:celebrate, now just gotta see if I get the Pronghorn tag for the trifecta.

And to make this somewhat related to the forum, Do you carry while hunting?

mahkagari

imported post

Can you check draws already? I thought it wasn't for another month?

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

I have a neighbor kid, he draws pretty good with that sidewalk chalk.
Personally I check my draw every morning. Eject mag, clear the slide, take off the safety and dry fire my Sig and my glock. I assess which holster I am wearing for the day, either Leather attached to the Belt if I am going to be able to leave everything on, but normally I wear a Fobus and I have one for each gun.

I holster and put the gun in place, and I practice a draw and re-holster, makng sure everything is adjusted right, then clear the slide once more, Inset mag and rack the slide, making sure on the Sig to De-cock and then holster everything, and I am good for the day. And night, reverse procedure except I normally keep the Glock by my side table ready to go just in case.

Wash, rinse, repeat....

Sorry, this thread has been hijacked.. Happy hunting folks... I need someone to teach me those ropes and find a good place to get a tag... Good luck on the trifectta Zach.

zach

imported post

ColoradoFlyer wrote:
I have a neighbor kid, he draws pretty good with that sidewalk chalk.
Personally I check my draw every morning. Eject mag, clear the slide, take off the safety and dry fire my Sig and my glock. I assess which holster I am wearing for the day, either Leather attached to the Belt if I am going to be able to leave everything on, but normally I wear a Fobus and I have one for each gun.

I holster and put the gun in place, and I practice a draw and re-holster, makng sure everything is adjusted right, then clear the slide once more, Inset mag and rack the slide, making sure on the Sig to De-cock and then holster everything, and I am good for the day. And night, reverse procedure except I normally keep the Glock by my side table ready to go just in case.

Wash, rinse, repeat....

Sorry, this thread has been hijacked.. Happy hunting folks... I need someone to teach me those ropes and find a good place to get a tag... Good luck on the trifectta Zach.
I enjoy the levity.... BTW, I do just about the same with my Springfield 1911.:lol: