Thread: Just a thought.....

Post imported post

With the first link, the chain is forged. With the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. The first time any mans freedom is trodden on, we are all damaged.

Post imported post

History always repeats itself. It takes a wise and learned man to avoid the same mistakes his countrymen have made before him. We must learn from our past- else we be doomed to repeat our mistakes, often with grave consequences.

Post imported post

I primarily carry concealed however I firmly believe in the right of the citizenry to carry any way they please. Some of the hand guns I own are simply not suitable to carry as they are of a large caliber and are quite heavy. They also are not suitable for self defense in crowded or settled areas as there would be to great a chance of collateral damage. I tend to carry small caliber handguns that are easily concealed but when in small towns while hunting I have openly carried large caliber pistols.

Post imported post

I refuse to be trod upon, beware of the wolves, there are sheeple and there are sheep dogs, I for one, am a Sheep Dog ! Wolves beware!
    I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware !

Post imported post

sempercarry wrote:
    With the first link, the chain is forged. With the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. The first time any mans freedom is trodden on, we are all damaged.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard, talking about a quote from one of his instructors.

"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie, as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged."
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

didn't think anybody would get that one.....an excellent quote....true now, before, and in the future.

Post imported post

Every once in a while the government demands "reasonable" change. The sheeple agree, telling themselves " that's a reasonable compromise" Little by little our rights are eroded by the people we trusted to protect them. If our liberties had been infringed all at once 200 years agoto the point they have been slowlyover the years, there would have been another revolution. Just a small reminder, it's not just about gun rights. We concentrate on gun rights so adamantly because itis the most constantly and persistently attacked. Don't forget the other 9.

Post imported post

sempercarry wrote:
    didn't think anybody would get that one.....an excellent quote....true now, before, and in the future.
    <- TNG fan. Great quote too.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill