• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just a thought.....

sempercarry

imported post

With the first link, the chain is forged. With the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. The first time any mans freedom is trodden on, we are all damaged.

sempercarry

imported post

History always repeats itself. It takes a wise and learned man to avoid the same mistakes his countrymen have made before him. We must learn from our past- else we be doomed to repeat our mistakes, often with grave consequences.

virgil47

imported post

I primarily carry concealed however I firmly believe in the right of the citizenry to carry any way they please. Some of the hand guns I own are simply not suitable to carry as they are of a large caliber and are quite heavy. They also are not suitable for self defense in crowded or settled areas as there would be to great a chance of collateral damage. I tend to carry small caliber handguns that are easily concealed but when in small towns while hunting I have openly carried large caliber pistols.

killchain

imported post

sempercarry wrote:
With the first link, the chain is forged. With the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. The first time any mans freedom is trodden on, we are all damaged.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, talking about a quote from one of his instructors.

"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie, as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged."

sempercarry

imported post

didn't think anybody would get that one.....an excellent quote....true now, before, and in the future.

sempercarry

imported post

Every once in a while the government demands "reasonable" change. The sheeple agree, telling themselves " that's a reasonable compromise" Little by little our rights are eroded by the people we trusted to protect them. If our liberties had been infringed all at once 200 years agoto the point they have been slowlyover the years, there would have been another revolution. Just a small reminder, it's not just about gun rights. We concentrate on gun rights so adamantly because itis the most constantly and persistently attacked. Don't forget the other 9.