• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thank you to our veterans

johnny amish

imported post

With memorial day just around the corner I wanted to take a moment and thank all our veterans out there. We would not have the freedoms and liberties that we have today if it weren't for your service and sacrifice. It is because of you, we are able to stand united and fight for this great cause.You have made this a great country. THANK YOU.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

A good friend of mine, a Vietnam vet, attended LZ Lambeau last weekend. He said that in the middle of Lambeau Field there were 1244 empty chairs set up to remember the 1244 Americans from Wisconsin KIA or MIA in the Vietnam war. We should be especially thankful to the people who didn't come home.

IA_farmboy

imported post

Memorial Day is a day to remember those that died in service to our country. Those of us that lived to tell the stories have our own day. Say a prayer for the fallen, comfort the families that lost a loved one, or perhaps visit a memorial. Going out in the sun to toss a few hot dogs and bratwurst on the grill and opening a cold one wouldn't hurt anyone though. Just don't forget why many of us have a day off of work on Monday.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thank you , Revolutionary war vets, war of 1812 vets,Civil War vets,Spanish American War Vets,WW1 & WW2 vets, Korean War Vets, Vietnam Vets, Iraqi War Vets, Afghanistan Vets & All other Veterans who gave their lives on the alter of freedom.

Thank you to all the vets who currently serve.

Thank You

goforlow

imported post

As a third generation veteran, thank you to all other vets, and those who support all vets!

Next, please learn from my mistake. Talk to vets about their service. Both of my grandfathers were WW2 vets. One has pasted and the other has alzheimers and doesn't remember his own name. I did talk to them about their time in Europe, but I know I didn't get as much information as I would have liked. Unfortunately most WW2 vets have pasted, but some are still with us. Please, take some time out of your busy life and talk to these vets and ask them about their service. Some may not talk to you about it, but in my experience, most will. Show them you care and they will share with you.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
GOD PROTECT OUR VETERANS!!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Spirit of the American Doughboy" Statue
at Fort Smith, Arkansas

We can't thank the WWI vets in person anymore. So I say to them anyways,
Thank you

The title piece of In Flanders Fields and Other Poems, 1919, was printed as - In Flanders Fields Macphail 1919

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Gordo

imported post

I was having kind of a crappy day until I saw this. Thank you and thank you to all other veterans out there. I did 6 years in the Marines and deployed overseas twice. I would like to give a very special thank you to the Vietnam Vets out there. You didn't get the welcome home you deserved but you have spear headed the effort to make sure that never happens to my generation of veterans.

Semper FI

B

bhancock

imported post

Thank You Dad, uncles Clifford and Richard (WW2), brother Ronald (Korea and Vietnam)and Best friend Joe(Laos when we weren't there). All but Ronald have moved on but are appreciated everyday. And a great thank you to all who fought with them and many others for US.

johnny amish

imported post

To all Veterans who have passed. Monday we honor you and your sacrifice. To us, it is much more than a day off work, it is a day we will reflect on the price you have paid for our freedom. We will march in parades and wave flagsin your honor. We will salute and hold our hands over our hearts to show our respect for you whenOld Glory comes marching by.While we get together with family and watch the kids play and listen to their laughter, we will be reminded it is because of you. Our hearts are heavy becauseyou are not here to enjoy this day with us.Your sacrifice will not go in vain, we will always stand up for our beliefs and fight for the freedoms that you gaveto all.Your love of this country and constitution is second to none. On monday, we will take a moment and reflect, and forever be grateful for your selfless act. THANK YOU

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I am sorely disappointed that more has not been made, more was not made Memorial Day yesterday, of the Hmong fighters and families that died to ensure the safety of my comrades in SE Asia and Viet Nam.

There is much anti-racist posturing here - but with only the back of the hand for our newest Wisconsinites.

Hamilton-Merritt, Jane (1993). Tragic Mountains. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I am sorely disappointed that more has not been made, more was not made Memorial Day yesterday, of the Hmong fighters and families that died to ensure the safety of my comrades in SE Asia and Viet Nam.

There is much anti-racist posturing here - but with only the back of the hand for our newest Wisconsinites.

Hamilton-Merritt, Jane (1993). Tragic Mountains. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
I attended the Hmong Sports & art festival at the Brown county fair grounds on Saturday, ate some really good food & Thanked a few Hmong vets. They are really nice people & know how to BBQ chicken.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

I am glad to see that someone has brought this up. I have had this conversation many times over with friends and even members of my own family.

It is interesting to see their reactions when they are informed about just how the Hmong people came to be here in the U.S.

They are here because they helped to save the lives of many Americans during the war. They didn't have too and many more of our troops would have died.

They deserve to be here and their fallen deserve to be remembered right along with our own.

I have many Hmong friends and I don't know any of them that does not work at least two jobs or one job and going to school. I believe credit should be given where credit is due.

johnny amish

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

I am glad to see that someone has brought this up. I have had this conversation many times over with friends and even members of my own family.

It is interesting to see their reactions when they are informed about just how the Hmong people came to be here in the U.S.

They are here because they helped to save the lives of many Americans during the war. They didn't have too and many more of our troops would have died.

They deserve to be here and their fallen deserve to be remembered right along with our own.

I have many Hmong friends and I don't know any of them that does not work at least two jobs or one job and going to school. I believe credit should be given where credit is due.
Well said, I have had the opportunity to work with a lot of Hmongs over the years. It is very hard to find a group of people more dedicated to family, friends and work. Hats off to them.

johnny amish

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Well said, I have had the opportunity to work with a lot of Hmongs over the years. It is very hard to find a group of people more dedicated to family, friends and work. Hats off to them.