• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News story I found.

thnycav

imported post

I think he did handle it well. They came out with weapons and you know they would use them on anyone that got in their way. Just wish he could have hit them.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
this happened several months to a year old... glad you "found" it!
haha... sorry it's not "new" news to you. It might be to others. I just had it emailed to me. It's still good to look at how he handled the situation no matter how "old" it is.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

the only thing he coulda done better was aim instead of what appears to be firing in the general direction
and lord have mercy defender I never knew about this so this is news go troll somewhere else(and not the Michigan foruml)

YoZUpZ

imported post

shanebelanger wrote:
http://homedefensetactics.com/blog/2010/05/25/2nd-amendment/

Check it out. Opinions? How could he have handled the situation better?

I assume that when you say "how could he have handled the situation better?" you are referring to him shooting at the car after the perps were "retreating"...

Watch closely, the last perp that slips and almost falls down, as he gets to the passenger side door, he looks back and points his gun (I'm guessing at the guy who was defending his home. After he turns and points the gun, the guy defending his home fires two more shots. If they are "retreating", then turn and point a gun back at the guy, then they are still a threat... He was 100% justified in shooting again... Obviously the person who wrote the article didn't notice this small detail...

Also, the second time they show the clip of the victim shooting into the car, you also see the driver getting into the car. He starts to close the door, then begins to open it back up, maybe he was just trying to get his foot into the door, but if I saw him opening the door back up, I would assume that he may be about to shoot at me...

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

YoZUpZ wrote:
shanebelanger wrote:
http://homedefensetactics.com/blog/2010/05/25/2nd-amendment/

Check it out. Opinions? How could he have handled the situation better?

I assume that when you say "how could he have handled the situation better?" you are referring to him shooting at the car after the perps were "retreating"...

Watch closely, the last perp that slips and almost falls down, as he gets to the passenger side door, he looks back and points his gun (I'm guessing at the guy who was defending his home. After he turns and points the gun, the guy defending his home fires two more shots. If they are "retreating", then turn and point a gun back at the guy, then they are still a threat... He was 100% justified in shooting again... Obviously the person who wrote the article didn't notice this small detail...

Also, the second time they show the clip of the victim shooting into the car, you also see the driver getting into the car. He starts to close the door, then begins to open it back up, maybe he was just trying to get his foot into the door, but if I saw him opening the door back up, I would assume that he may be about to shoot at me...
Honestly, I just thought that it was interesting and wanted to share it. I had about 2 minutes to throw a post up before I went back to working on the website and what you see is what letters got smacked on my keyboard.

1245A Defender

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
this happened several months to a year old... glad you "found" it
i should have mentioned that this news story had been repackaged to look new.
they should have provided the date when it actually occured!
this has happened offen, and leads to confussion.
didnt mean to denigrate anybody,
ill be more polite and instructive next time i need to give a heads up about old "news"