• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC at home?

92FS

I completely understand and I completely agree with you. I was just stating my observation, and how people can take advantage of apartment hunting to learn what they can and can't do before they sign the lease.
Elixin77 AND RUGER.. Thank you for both of your responses. They are both appreciated. Ruger hit it on the nail head. I bought my handgun after we were moved in. But I will keep Elixin77s statement in mind. If and when we look for another place.

Corst01

Back to the OP topic...

I was visited by a Census worker today, and as usual, was OCing in my house.

We sat in the living room, and she filled out the form, across the couch from me, with my Para in a Serpa in plain view...

So far I haven't noticed any reflective stickers on my mailbox... Yet...;)

Dreamer, what's with the "reflective stickers" thing? I'm not familiar with what they signify... plus, I've got an orange one on my mailbox (and I didn't put it there) so this comment interests me. Thanks.

papa bear

ccw on own property

hey . new to this site, life long NC resident.
on the subject of weather or not rented property is considered. the concealed carry and the "castle" law is similar. any place that you sleep is consider a domicile. be it rented, motel/hotel, or even a RV. in general rented property is your property as long as the contract is valid (as in rent paid), which in this case can be farm land, or property without structure, such as hunting land. don't have the statutes in front of me. but i think they are on web.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
hey . new to this site, life long NC resident.
on the subject of weather or not rented property is considered. the concealed carry and the "castle" law is similar. any place that you sleep is consider a domicile. be it rented, motel/hotel, or even a RV. in general rented property is your property as long as the contract is valid (as in rent paid), which in this case can be farm land, or property without structure, such as hunting land. don't have the statutes in front of me. but i think they are on web.

There is NO castle doctrine in North Carolina.