Thread: XD9 Sub-Compact holster

Post imported post

What do you suggest for a good XD9 Sub-Compact holster? Of course for OC. Thanks!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I modified a Serpa CQC by removing the bottom inch or so, so that the holster just barely covers the muzzle of the xdsc.

Post imported post

Why's your cartridge outside the gun :P

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The gun's just for show. I run up and push the bullet in.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Dremel. I liked the aesthetics better with the holster chopped. Also, it makes the rig marginally lighter, easier to conceal when necessary, and a lot more comfortable to carry in the car.

Post imported post

petrophase wrote:
    Dremel. I liked the aesthetics better with the holster chopped. Also, it makes the rig marginally lighter, easier to conceal when necessary, and a lot more comfortable to carry in the car.
    Ok two questions for you, 1) what specific model is this? I've been on the Blackhawk website and of the black matte holsters non resemble yours. In terms of the area behind the finger press point. 2) I know you said it's better for concealment, but would you OC this with this?

the reason I ask is that I own the same firearm, and I'm interested in doing something similar. Also are you concerned with ever having an issue not being able to press the release button? I've been on another forum discussing this particular holster, more specifically over at XD talk.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

It's a "Sportster" Serpa CQC, plastic not carbon fiber, purchased from our local Cabelas:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...rm1&Go.x=0

I would and have OC'd with this. The inch of plastic that was removed was not part of the retention mechanism; the holster functions perfectly. I've never had an issue with the release on this or any other Serpa CQC that I've had.